“Clean hotel, but just missing something...”
Review of Hampton Inn Monroe

Hampton Inn Monroe
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Monroe
“Clean hotel, but just missing something...”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This stay was a last minute business trip for me, so rather than my usual hotel, I stayed at the Hampton Inn. Everything about the hotel is clean. From the parking lot to the hotel room.

However, its the little things that always irk me. The toilet flushes are scary; the wireless is slow; the pantry never seemed to be open, the vending machines only take 1 dollar bills and the walls are paper thin. I flew in late and ended up checking around 2am. The hotel was hard to find because you cannot see the small unlit hotel sign on the side of the road. My only other landmark was its next to the Red Lobster Restaurant...of course at 2am that sign is also unlit. I ended up driving past it the entrance, twice!

Like I said, its the little things....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Igobytom2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Reviewed August 2, 2011

First, I'll say I agree with the person who commented on the "thin" floors. We could also hear the people above us walking, but it was not so loud or intrusive that we could not sleep. But with the comfort of the bed nothing could have disturbed us! The mattress was perfect, there were an abundance of pillows, and the blankets were plush and soft. It was a horribly hot day and when we got to the room the A/C was running and it was nice and cool. We had a standard room with a King bed and the the room was HUGE. The bathroom was also big. The flat screen tv, dressers, night stands, and everything else looked like they were very well taken care of, or new. The breakfast options in the morning were great. The front desk person wasn't overly friendly, but not un-friendly by any means. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Iris981
UK
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We had a room on the second floor and you could hear the guests in the room above walking around. The floors are clearly very thin and this makes for a place to avoid if you want to sleep. We were disturbed by the noise above both late evening and early morning. Apart from this major drawback, the room was spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet was good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OneSavvyTraveller
Illinois
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I stayed at the Hampton in Monroe for the first time and was left with a very favorable impression of the hotel due to the outstanding customer service of Amy at the front desk. I had an issue with my HHonors points which Amy volunteered to straighten out for me. She was a very pleasant and helpful young lady who went beyond the call of duty to help a customer. I travel to Monroe frequently and I will stay there again. The rooms were clean and nice; I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Userrich1
Missouri
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We traveled to Monroe for a funeral and my mother ended up in the hospital while we were there. The staff at this hotel was extremely kind, considerate and helpful during our unexpected extended stay. We could not have asked for nicer people! The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good, each morning there were different hot items to choose from. All in all it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Jaspermo
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament this May. The staff were very accomodating to our group, especially considering we were a group of 17 families with 13 & 14 year old boys! The rooms were clean, large and nicely decorated. The free breakfast in the morning was a nice bonus and had a good selection. Great value for $81.00 per night!

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank sportymom2
K-W, Ontario
Reviewed January 10, 2009

The stay was adequate. The room was small but usable. The beds were uncomfortable and seemed smaller than the queen size that they were supposed to be (I didn't measure them, though). The toilet was the noisiest toilet I've ever experienced, anywhere! The pool was tiny and had a grand total of 4 towels there when we used it. Breakfast was good and constantly replenished. Housekeeping staff were friendly. All in all, I'd stay there again since there doesn't seem to be a better alternative in Monroe. The uncomfortable beds would cause me to search for alternatives, though.

• Liked — Breakfast was decent, replenished, and not crowded.
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable beds.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank i_yac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 9 in Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE
Baymont Inn & Suites Monroe
Days Inn & Suites Monroe
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee

Been to Hampton Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!