“Can't wait to come back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Sterling

Hotel Sterling
Ranked #1 of 2 Monroe B&B and Inns
Medina, Ohio
“Can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

I travel for business quite a bit and this was a very pleasant surprise in Monroe! Exceptionally decorated, exceptionally clean, everything you need and more. Mini fridge is stocked with water, milk, juice, yogurt... along with cereal, coffee maker, and even fruit! Everything you need for a healthy breakfast and all at no extra charge! I stayed in room 101 on the ground floor. Easy access, parking on the street right outside my room. This is like a studio apartment decorated entirely in Pottery Barn. I cannot find one single thing I would change. The next time I see an upcoming trip to Monroe, the first thing I will do is book this room! There is no 'staff', but that works just fine for me, after a long day I just want what I need and to be left alone. PERFECT!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Milan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

My companion and I are both from the Toledo area... and I confess we
were both quite pleasantly suprised at what a romantic one-day "vacation" we
could enjoy, so close to home. Your hotel looks and feels like something you'd
expect to find in Chicago. The Monroe Street Grill, recommended on your
website, was a great suggestion.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

You experience unexpected levels of style, luxury, and privacy. The hotel was great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Great value for the money when you get the package deals. Partner businesses are very good as well. Great place to go to get away, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pughc66
Grand Blanc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband and I were in Monroe for one evening and stayed at the Hotel Sterling. It is a quiet, small hotel in the middle of downtown Monroe near restaurants and shops. We were able to park right in front of the hotel. Our room was beautiful. It looked like a freshly remodeled studio apartment with high ceilings, wood floors, and beautiful cabinetry. The bathroom has marble tile and a marble shower. The bed and linens were so soft - it was the best night's sleep I have gotten in a long time. "Curbside" was the name of our room since we were right on the ground floor next to the street. We did hear a little traffic noise if a large truck or motorcycle passed by but it did not deter from our stay. You would probably not hear street noise in some of the other rooms. The in-room continental breakfast and beverages were such a nice touch. I wish we would've stayed more than one night. We will certainly make reservations at the Hotel Sterling anytime we are near Monroe. It is a unique, accomodating and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Jackson, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet so I got a great nights sleep, and the beds are very comfortable. The table and free WiFi made working easy.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Sterling Hotel in October 2010 and found the rooms the best value we have stayed in all our travels (and we are frequent leisure travelers at least 10 times per year). If you are in the area from Detroit to Toledo it is worth the short drive to Monroe to stay at the Sterling. If you arrive after 5pm you gain entrance to the building through the email code sent to you and your room key is waiting for you at the unmanned front desk. We had never used a hotel like this but it is actually nice to have no check in or check out (but there is plenty of security). The rooms are modern decor and have everything you need. The local restaurants are very nice and the food great. Monroe is a small quiet city but is a short distance to Detroit or Toledo so the location is good geographically. We highly recommend the Sterling Hotel and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 2010Timmy
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Hotel Sterling is a gem. The rooms are huge and luxurious. Complementary breakfast and drinks, free parking, free internet, free pass to the YMCA and running available along the river. This will be the only place I will stay in the Monroe area from now on.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE
Hampton Inn Monroe
#1 of 9 in Monroe
Baymont Inn & Suites Monroe
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dundee

Been to Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!