“Michigan's Best Kept Secret”
Review of Hotel Sterling

Hotel Sterling
Ranked #1 of 2 Monroe B&B and Inns
Livonia, Michigan
“Michigan's Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Wow! What an awesome suprise. We heard about The Hotel Sterling on "Under The Radar." The visit was everything and more UTR said it would be. The staff was beyond courteous, clean suite, comfortable furniture, continental breakfast daily included, comforable restroom. I was celebrating my birthday and Mother's Day, and this experience topped it off. Thanks Ken and Deb for the pride you take in your business! We will be back. The Mitchells

Room Tip: Visit their websit to view the beautiful rooms
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed in suite 101, it was spacious, very clean, comfortable, well stocked with items not normally available FREE at other hotels, milk, juice, soda, cereal, granola bars. It was very quiet, elegantly furnish. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I travel for business quite a bit and this was a very pleasant surprise in Monroe! Exceptionally decorated, exceptionally clean, everything you need and more. Mini fridge is stocked with water, milk, juice, yogurt... along with cereal, coffee maker, and even fruit! Everything you need for a healthy breakfast and all at no extra charge! I stayed in room 101 on the ground floor. Easy access, parking on the street right outside my room. This is like a studio apartment decorated entirely in Pottery Barn. I cannot find one single thing I would change. The next time I see an upcoming trip to Monroe, the first thing I will do is book this room! There is no 'staff', but that works just fine for me, after a long day I just want what I need and to be left alone. PERFECT!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Milan
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My companion and I are both from the Toledo area... and I confess we
were both quite pleasantly suprised at what a romantic one-day "vacation" we
could enjoy, so close to home. Your hotel looks and feels like something you'd
expect to find in Chicago. The Monroe Street Grill, recommended on your
website, was a great suggestion.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed February 28, 2011

You experience unexpected levels of style, luxury, and privacy. The hotel was great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Great value for the money when you get the package deals. Partner businesses are very good as well. Great place to go to get away, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pughc66
Grand Blanc
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband and I were in Monroe for one evening and stayed at the Hotel Sterling. It is a quiet, small hotel in the middle of downtown Monroe near restaurants and shops. We were able to park right in front of the hotel. Our room was beautiful. It looked like a freshly remodeled studio apartment with high ceilings, wood floors, and beautiful cabinetry. The bathroom has marble tile and a marble shower. The bed and linens were so soft - it was the best night's sleep I have gotten in a long time. "Curbside" was the name of our room since we were right on the ground floor next to the street. We did hear a little traffic noise if a large truck or motorcycle passed by but it did not deter from our stay. You would probably not hear street noise in some of the other rooms. The in-room continental breakfast and beverages were such a nice touch. I wish we would've stayed more than one night. We will certainly make reservations at the Hotel Sterling anytime we are near Monroe. It is a unique, accomodating and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Jackson, MI
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet so I got a great nights sleep, and the beds are very comfortable. The table and free WiFi made working easy.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business