“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Monroe
Columbus, Georgia
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Not sure why the previous post was so unpleasant, we had a great stay and reasonably priced. We (as a family) highly recommend staying here.

This hotel was in a central location, made it easy to get to all my family and friends, it was right off the expressway - totally a plus. It was quiet at night with really comfortable mattresses; we really appreciated that after a long day of driving. Best part is they are right in the middle of a variety of restaurants. We got to eat somewhere different every morning for breakfast.

Now granted, for the reasonable price, the accommodations were not that of the Four Seasons but it did the trick, that's all we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for Jeanne, she was a great help when we crawled in after a long day of driving. She made it so...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patty F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Coloma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

This has to be the most run down unkept hotel I have ever been to. rooms smelled of ashtrays and cat urine/spray, brown stains on lamp shades and ceiling, bedding reaked of god knows what. we got our money back in less than 10 min of seeing our rooms. manager did not say anything when we asked for a refund; no apoligy or any concern. this place could be a major health hazard for children and adults. stray cats everywhere and people feeding them in front of rooms on the walk way.

Room Tip: go to the red roof inn next door, we did for only $10.00 a night more.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank William D

Travelers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

First night here was met in parking lot (11:pm) by "man who just happened to have had a car accident and couldn't feed his daughter and wife" okay, there went $25...An hour later, he was back, wanting a ride.?? Night person at front desk,"Could care less, Let us know if he comes back. WHAT! you mean like a third time ? it was already 12:30am ! So being the complacent that I am, tried another night (duh)..they gave me another room further away from the tractors outside my room that cranked up at 6am. 2nd room was grossly stinky (non-smoking requested) and furnitures soiled, What !? When we approached manager, "Jean" & Heather, all we got was grief, wouldn't even honor a refund, we just wanted to leave, had enough."We aint givin you your money back"... I'LL be Calling VISA for a refund. I'll room was special, we had two cat bowls and cats directly in front of our door..? Yeah .. really

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank David S
jerrid96
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Where to start....Asked for non smoking, opened the door and were met with one of the fpulest smelling rooms I've ever been in. We left the door wide open for a half hour. You could smell the stench halfway through the parking lot. Nothing helped. It was musty and damp, the breakfast a joke, many transients, stray cats and I'm pretty sure there were drug deals going on in a room across the parking lot. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank jerrid96
Cincinnati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

This inn has seen much better times. The layout resembles a Knights Inn. Room was clean enough but run down. Air conditioner was very noisy. Piece of ceiling in bath area missing. TV remote only half worked. Not all lights in ceiling worked, bed like a board. There are many other inns all around this one - try them.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank dairyboy
gramma12208
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2008

I haven't stayed at this hotel, but please read my experience in trying to cancel a reservation due to a very serious family hardship. My daughter and son-in-law booked this hotel for August 08 for the Nascar race. They booked it this past January for a belated honeymoon (they were married New Year's Eve 2007). Unfortunately in March my son-in-law was in a very bad accident and is currently (as of June 08) in rehabilitation and will be until around the end of August. He suffered a severe brain injury. The manager (which I found out later from the Corporate office is he is actually the property owner) told me that since they signed a "contract" he cannot refund their money and there is nothing he can do for them. He also had the front desk relay this info to me, didn't do it himself. A very very uncaring and uncompassionate guy who should not be in this business if he treats people this way. It's not like I was calling one day or one week before the reservation to try to cancel. I called the Corporate office and the person there was very helpful and looked up their reservations and said they can cancel within 24 hours of the reservation. I told her what the manager of the hotel said and that's when she told me he was actually the property owner. And there was no "contract" signed and the reservation can be cancelled. So thanks to the Corporate office's professionalism in realizing a family hardship, we are able to cancel the reservation.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank gramma12208
jack1885, Manager. at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, February 9, 2009
.that time "Hotel Policy" is NO " Refunds or cxl"
After talking with you I did give the refund amount.
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

I stayed here for several weeks a number of years ago, and it was awful. Small, dirty rooms and an insanely-loud fire alarm that kept going off in the middle of the night for long periods.
Apparently, we all had to suffer through repeated false fire alarms because the fire dept. has to shut it off.
Their continental breakfast was a plate of stale pastries.
Even after the carpet was vacuumed, if I walked across the floor in clean, white socks, they would become black on the bottom.
When I stayed here again for a week (after the renovation -- I think it was 2003), I found no changes, no improvements and... the fire alarms went off again in the middle of the night!!! (No fire, of course.)
I put my foot down & told my spouse, "Never again! I don't care how cheap it is to stay here!"

• Stayed December 2003
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AquiaGal
jack1885, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, February 9, 2009
We are under new Management alot of Remolding has been done...
We love to have you again,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Americas Best Value Inn
Hampton Inn Monroe
#1 of 9 in Monroe
Baymont Inn & Suites Monroe
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe? Share your experiences!