“My new place to stay in Mio”
Review of Mio Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mio
Mio Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mio
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I frequent the Mio area for various reasons. I have stayed in many different cabins and a couple different campgrounds and for the value, this is by far the best I have stayed at. I only stayed one night, and it suited our needs perfectly! I give it 5 stars due to the element of surprise as it exceeded what i was expecting compared to its competition. Keep in mind this is Mio 5 Star, Not Las Vegas 5 star

Room Tip: Next to McDonalds restaurant, IGA store across from parking lot, ATV / ORV trails down the road (no...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ron V

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I must say that I was impressed with the room, very clean and comfortable. I did have to bang on the wall so the person in the next room would lower their TV, which they did.
Owner and the men that were inside of the office made me feel uncomfortable, some
proper etiquette would have been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My dad passed away; we needed 4 rooms. I asked if for a funeral discount. The owner went berserk and was extremely rude

A bereavement discount is not something that hotels publicize, but it does exist

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BJS456
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The owner used horrible language....and charged us $50 more then he had quoted. Also very rude on the phone when we made our reservation. He refused a credit card, only wanted cash. He could not be reasoned with. We will not stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This older man/owner is cranky in his own rights. He is hard of hearing and almost 90 years old. My sister and I stayed in this very nice clean room when it was zero degrees outside. The room was nice, warm and the beds were very comfortable. I would recomend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Nice place
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here on my way up north and hit an ice storm. Woke the owner up at 2am. He was cool about it. This motel is one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed at. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was one of the best showers I have used at a hotel. Simple to adjust and nice hot water, not lukewarm.

Room Tip: Right by a grocery store and restaurants. Has a refrigerator and a microwave. Very close to the Au...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank veracraig
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I called to make a reservation for a group, but the owner hung up on me before I had the chance. Why? When he just answered "hello" it prompted me to ask if this was the "Mio Motel" which I apparently pronounced wrong. Upon hearing this, Peter the owner told me that he was "pissed off that I couldn't pronounce the name right". He also asked me where I went to school, and why they didn't teach me how to read. Then he hung up.

Please, do not give this jerk your business, and ask your friends to do the same!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MGthescienceguy

Been to Mio Motel? Share your experiences!