“Best park in the area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kensington Metropark

Kensington Metropark
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Milford
More attraction details
Owner description: This public park will give you a list of birds to be spotted on its grounds.
Detroit, Michigan
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Best park in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Lots to do at this park... My favorites include biking the 8 mile paved bike path (connects to Island Lake State Park), hiking the trails near the Nature Center, taking my niece and nephew to the Farm Center to see the animals and all of their babies, and cross country skiing during the winter. I have a yearly pass and visit the park frequently. This is a great place to spend the afternoon!

Northville, Michigan
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Beautiful park with nice golf course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Played a quick 18 holes during the day Tuesday. The course is in nice shape although the greens are still recovering from the harsh winter; they were a bit bumpy. Staff is friendly and the prices are really reasonable, especially for walkers.

The general park is also really nice with an excellent bike/walking path all the way around the lake. It is about 8 miles but it is scenic and not too hilly.

Commerce Township, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oustanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is my favorite place in Metro Detroit. Things to do: petting farm, nature trails, water park, 18 holes of golf, 27 holes of disk golf, 8 miles of paved bike path, many places to fish, paddleboat rentals, and lots of places to have a picnic. I'm sure I missed a few things. We even had our son's first birthday party last year in a picnic area. There's too much to do in one day. If you have kids defiantly take them to the petting farm. You can get close to every animal and they have babies being born all the time in the farm. You can take a horse carriage and in the fall it takes you to a pumpkin patch. In the late winter/early spring they have maples syrup tours and you can buy the product at the end. Awesome place.

It's $7 for a day pass and $30 for a annual pass.

1 Thank Geoff R
Milford, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“There is a good reason so many professional nature photographers flock to this park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

If I am with my grandchildren, we visit the park's petting farm and go on hayrides. They love to see what new baby farm animals have been born since their last visit.
If I am with my husband, we enjoy long walks on the nature trails where nuthatches and chickadees and titmouses aren't afraid to land in the palm of your hand if you stand still.
If I am by myself, I sit on the beach by the lake and catch up on a good book.
This park also has an 18 hole golf course, disk golf, a small water park, and many many picnic areas. It is well maintained and a haven for nature lovers.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank EmptyNester86
denver
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“good walking paths neat farm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

The hikes are good, easy for sure. The farm is cool for kids to see animals and babies up close. The cost of $7/day is a little steep, but the annual pass is a steal in my opinion.

Visited May 2014