“Clean & Nice & Quiet W/Pool”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here because we were going to see a Nascar Race in Brooklyn, MI about a 40min drive but all places were booked. I was worried since there was a prison but it felt and looked like a nice quiet area with plenty of restaurants to choose from. And I wish there was a review on here because it has an indoor pool. our room was very nice. Only thing I'd wish for is fluffy down blankets on the bed. Instead they were thin n cheap yet still looked nice but I like my thick blanket so glad we brought it with. Our room only had a shower, no bathtub so not sure if ALL rooms are like that or not and it seemed to be handicap shower. They serve breakfast but we had to leave early for NASCAR!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had reservation so my room was ready when I arrived. Overall this is an adequate hotel. Reasonably clean, fridge and micro is always a plus.
Downside- Noisy Noisy NOISY very close to the highway. Furniture is in need of replacement,
Desk chair did not stay up, straight back chair the back was so loose I did not dare sit in it.
Overal adequate place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Loved our room!!! It was very clean, the bed was great. We only stayed for the night, but it was exactly what we needed....The price was more than what we are used to paying, but we were exhausted and need to find a place for the night, I don't regret it, best sleep I had gotten in awhile

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My cousin and myself checked into the hotel on Friday, June 14. Tickets to the Nascar races on the 15th and 16th. I had stayed there in 2009 for the same reason. Room and bathroom clean. Indoor pool was very popular when we were there. Management very helpful with any questions I had. I could see that the owners had updated the hotel. Fairly good selection for breakfast, which was convenient since we had early starts both morning. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I really liked this hotel. Overall the property was very clean. We were upgraded to a room that had a fridge and a microwave which was a nice surprise. The fridge was actually cold...which is hard to find in some properties. The staff was good.
Breakfast had a good amount of choices. They had: make your own waffles, bagels, toast, orange juice, cranberry juice, cereals, sausage,fruit, yogurts, etc. The only complaint I had with breakfast was that the water for HOT TEA was lukewarm at best. I thought this was a fluke, but the next day it was the same thing!
Some say the rooms are dated, but I'm more concerned about a clean room and this room was clean. The room did not have a tub, just a shower and toilet in the bath. The sink was outside the toilet room, which is fine by me. The shower had good pressure, had hot water and the toilet flushed very well.
For tv, there was an approx 32 in flatscreen that was on the table, not mounted on the wall. I thought the bed was pretty comfortable. On the second night, we were given 4 square smaller pillows, which was odd. I'd rather have the longer pillows.
You could walk out the door to the gas stations, KFC/Taco Bell, McDonald's and there was a Big Boy about 1 block away.
There was an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center that we did not use.
Overall, nice, clean hotel to stay at. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Rooms were good, nice to get a fridge and microwave without extra cost. Free wifi was good but not terribly fast. For the price this is a good value. For me what really held it back were three main things;
1) dated decor, dated and kind of dingy bed spreads
2) noise factore( literally spitting distance to highway)
3) customer service was just BLAH. Seemed like each interaction was a hassle to the folks working the desk and they didnt deem their customers all that important.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest away from highway would probably be quieter. No real good views from either side (gas...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was our second time staying here. First time was in October while doing the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at Michigan International Speedway. Once again doing the RWRE here in April we decided to stay again. This time fewer people staying. Very nice room with a very comfortable bed and spotless. The housekeeping crew here appears to do a great job both times we have stayed. We liked it so much this second time we have a 2 night reservation when we come up Fathers day weekend for the NASCAR race at MIS. Very nice breakfast with plenty of variety from waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage along with sausage gravy and biscuits to fresh fruit hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, donuts, cinnamon rolls, Danish and 2 types of break along with a variety of cold cereals. They had milk, cranberry juice, orange juice along with plenty of coffee. The people working here have always been kind and courteous compared to any other facility we have stayed in this state especially those in or closer to Ann Arbor. I think we have found our new place to stay on race weekends. We used to stay at the Quality in in Toledo but this facility is much closer and just as nice. The only 2 drawbacks from our entire experience is taking the route prompted by google maps to get to the track. We followed the directions and after making the first turn we came to a stop sign and was greeted by the traditional county dirt road full of ruts and potholes. Granted it only went 1.3 miles to get to Route 12 but I think when I go to the track in June I will find a better route. See you in June

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nav G, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive for perfection in our hotel rooms and the service and comfort of our guests is a top priority.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and suggestions, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Nav Grewal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milan
Quality Inn Dundee
Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor - U of Michigan South
Best Western Dundee
Best Western Dundee
#3 of 4 in Dundee

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!