“H in Midland”
Review of The H Hotel

The H Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Outstanding service and value. Amenities great. best fitness center I have ever seen. Fruit available is a nice touch. Business center is great. Location in front of hiking and river is perfect. Downtown Midland does not have a lot of things to do but the Hotel offers bikes to use. This is a great idea because the bike path is very close.

Room Tip: get a King
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Russ B
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for the nice review and mentioning our great fitness center. The bikes are provided to us by Ray’s Bike Shop in downtown Midland – Thanks Ray!

There are newer reviews for The H Hotel

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. Check in (on-line) was easy, check in at the front desk was quick. Very nice facility. Room was comfortable and clean. Hotel staff very friendly, I needed extra towels and was given them with no questions asked. Lobby was clean and had apples and coffee/tea available. The only thing I would have liked to have had was a breakfast available - not at the restaurant.

Room Tip: My room had a view of the courtyard and was very nice. Location close to most everything - downtown...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank lbuck1961

Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate your feedback. Please consider our room service for your breakfast should you return. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the H for a weekend as we attended a wedding in Midland. We thought it had a lot of charm and was very comfortable. The restaurant had good food at reasonable prices and the bar had great beer. The facilities were also modern and well maintained. In the back of the hotel there was a lot of green space with a river, bridge, and park. Our 2 year old daughter loved it. And the front of the hotel is middle of the downtown area, which is not huge, but is a pleasant place to stroll around and spend a few hours. I spend a lot of time in hotels for work and pleasure and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt H
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed this past weekend with our daughter and family (2 girls). Had a wonderful time. The hotel was very clean and up-to-date. The staff went out of their way to answer questions and provide anything we requested. Will definitely come back and spread the good word!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marge B
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Please spread the word!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I think the H was the best hotel that my wife and I ever stayed in, and we have stayed in quite a few supposedly upscale hotels. My wife was extremely pleased with our weekend getaway because of the H's quality, cleanliness, friendly staff, dining options and decor. My wife thought the stay was perfect! We dined in one of the H's restaurants, Cafe Zinc, for breakfast and the food was great!!! Had we stayed longer we would have had dinner there as well, or perhaps at one of their other restaurants that offerred good menu selections. The H Hotel is also nicely located near a beautiful bridge and river that was just wonderful for us to stroll. We saw folks fishing and just enjoying the beautiful autumn day with the awesome golden brown, red and orange tree leaves as a backdrop. The H Hotel is a great experience and I am excited about recommending it!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not have my camera with me as I write this so I cannot attach pictures of hotel but I did upload a cell phone photo of the scenery from the 3 part bridge very near the hotel.

Room Tip: Only saw the room we stayed in and it was a king I believe. We were very happy with it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

We are so glad the H contributed to a memorable experience in Midland. It is a great get-a-way for couples! We hope to see you again!
Thanks.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The H was one of the best overall mini vacation experiences my wife and I have had in our 26 years of marriage. We have traveled around the US and Europe and stayed in many nice places and eaten in some exceptional restaurants and the H ranks near the top in our overall best experiences. Very well appointed, everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful. You could tell they wanted to be there and their pride showed. The food at both restaurants was incredible. This is a

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your nice review and making the trip from Okemos. We are very proud of our associates and the service they provide. They are what make the H so special. Congrats on 26 years of marriage. Please visit again!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Beautiful hotel with excellent staff services. The location was ideal with the Tridge Park on one side and the Main St of a quaint downtown area. The only regret I had was not enough time to be able to explore the town area. My nieces and I traveled to town for a special Girl Scout event. The reservation made over a month ago separated our group to two floors, but the gentleman manning the desk assured us that they would find a solution and did keep to the original plan of adjoining rooms. There is a wonderful workout room with pool/whirl pool staffed 24 hours. Saturday morning the farmer's market is held in Tridge Park directly behind the hotel. A delightful weekend. Looking forward to returning soon, to see the areas I missed this time.

Room Tip: Renovation is still in progress, so check on room location in relation to the work. We were on the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be accommodating. Hope you can return soon to enjoy many of the local amenities that we are glad to be so close to here in downtown Midland!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Holiday Inn Midland
Residence Inn Midland
#5 of 11 in Midland
SpringHill Suites Midland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront

Been to The H Hotel? Share your experiences!