“So satisfied!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Mason, Michigan, United States
“So satisfied!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed this past weekend with our daughter and family (2 girls). Had a wonderful time. The hotel was very clean and up-to-date. The staff went out of their way to answer questions and provide anything we requested. Will definitely come back and spread the good word!

1 Thank Marge B
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Please spread the word!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I think the H was the best hotel that my wife and I ever stayed in, and we have stayed in quite a few supposedly upscale hotels. My wife was extremely pleased with our weekend getaway because of the H's quality, cleanliness, friendly staff, dining options and decor. My wife thought the stay was perfect! We dined in one of the H's restaurants, Cafe Zinc, for breakfast and the food was great!!! Had we stayed longer we would have had dinner there as well, or perhaps at one of their other restaurants that offerred good menu selections. The H Hotel is also nicely located near a beautiful bridge and river that was just wonderful for us to stroll. We saw folks fishing and just enjoying the beautiful autumn day with the awesome golden brown, red and orange tree leaves as a backdrop. The H Hotel is a great experience and I am excited about recommending it!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not have my camera with me as I write this so I cannot attach pictures of hotel but I did upload a cell phone photo of the scenery from the 3 part bridge very near the hotel.

Room Tip: Only saw the room we stayed in and it was a king I believe. We were very happy with it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We are so glad the H contributed to a memorable experience in Midland. It is a great get-a-way for couples! We hope to see you again!
Thanks.
Okemos
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The H was one of the best overall mini vacation experiences my wife and I have had in our 26 years of marriage. We have traveled around the US and Europe and stayed in many nice places and eaten in some exceptional restaurants and the H ranks near the top in our overall best experiences. Very well appointed, everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful. You could tell they wanted to be there and their pride showed. The food at both restaurants was incredible. This is a

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your nice review and making the trip from Okemos. We are very proud of our associates and the service they provide. They are what make the H so special. Congrats on 26 years of marriage. Please visit again!
Livonia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Beautiful hotel with excellent staff services. The location was ideal with the Tridge Park on one side and the Main St of a quaint downtown area. The only regret I had was not enough time to be able to explore the town area. My nieces and I traveled to town for a special Girl Scout event. The reservation made over a month ago separated our group to two floors, but the gentleman manning the desk assured us that they would find a solution and did keep to the original plan of adjoining rooms. There is a wonderful workout room with pool/whirl pool staffed 24 hours. Saturday morning the farmer's market is held in Tridge Park directly behind the hotel. A delightful weekend. Looking forward to returning soon, to see the areas I missed this time.

Room Tip: Renovation is still in progress, so check on room location in relation to the work. We were on the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be accommodating. Hope you can return soon to enjoy many of the local amenities that we are glad to be so close to here in downtown Midland!
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Was a initially a little concerned about some of the reviews, however found our stay to flawless. While the hotel is dated in some areas/rooms, renovations are occurring, and while we were in an older room, all furnishings/facilities were in good repair and fully functional. The room was spotless. All staff from check-in, to valet, to housekeeping, to cafe servers were exceptionally friendly, helpful, smiling, and courteous. Felt as if all employees were fully invested in our comfort. Very nice experience, will definitely stay here again while in Midland. Breakfast in cafe was very good, wife/son enjoyed fitness area, finding it to be clean, large, with many machines/free weights and variety of equipment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your nice review. Please visit again. As you mentioned, we look forward to featuring all new guestrooms in early 2013. And really cool televisions too!
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I live in MI and decided to explore a few cities we had never been before. Midland as our first stop was an adorable little town and the parks are lovely but this hotel was not what we expected for $220 for one night. I would place it on a par with a Holiday Inn I think. Our room was 518. It was clean but it was a joined room and we could hear all of our neighbors noise, plus all of the noise in the hallway the entire night. The doors close heavily of their own volition so there was a lot of sporadic door slamming to startle us out of our slumber as well. The shower had little to no pressure and was much like standing in a light rain. The mattress and pillows were not very comfortable and we both awoke with a stiff back & neck (we are both 30 and have no chronic back issues). Anyway the staff was nice and it was an okay stay but we travel a lot and this was definitely NOT a luxury hotel. It was just a hotel. Also our breakfast at the Cafe Zinc (delicious) was to be included in our room price but I was charged after all. Was able to straighten it out in one phone call but if I was not one to check out my bills I never would have noticed.

Room Tip: I read that they are remodeling so some of our concerns may be addressed shortly but I think the vie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and your helpful comments. We appreciate you letting us know about your concerns. This helps us understand areas we can improve upon. We are remodeling our rooms as you mentioned and we are updating the hallways and doors which will help with the sound levels from traffic in the hallways. We hope you visit again. Please ask about our options on pillows so we can find one perfect for you.
Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Located in Downtown Midland, this upscale Hotel was in a perfect location to enjoy all sorts of things. There are quaint shops downtown, the lovely Tridge park, fall festivals all within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is bright and shiney, with the friendly staff that are most helpful and make your check in and check out a wonderful delight. We didn't eat in the restaurants that are attached to the hotel, but I did hear wonderful things about the food that is served. It was our first time staying here, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the bathroom sparkled. the bed gets an A++ for sleeping comfort. There is parking below the hotel and is free to guests. Take Ashman which is a one way right across Main St. and Park below. Parking is brightly lighted. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MIRockHunter
Thank you for visiting the H and your nice review. We hope to see you again. Definitely check out Café Zinc or the Table for a meal (or two)!