“Tranquility during business trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The H Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The H Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Orlando, FL
“Tranquility during business trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

The H is a sea of tranquility. You are probably in Midland for business. The H makes you want to stay an extra day just to enjoy! Beautifully serene, top food at Cafe Zinc or Table. Staff is so friendly, they will help you in any way. Out the back door is the Tridge (a bridge going over the confluence of two rivers, so three banks) and a public jogging/ walking trail that's safe and yet wanders through nature. Walking distance to a minor league ball park (the Loons) for a night time game. The H is a true gift to Midland.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank othello1111
Dolce123, Sales & Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for the nice review. We're glad you got a chance to see the tridge and look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while in Midland. As a hotel manager myself, I have found that when I go to other hotels I tend to be harder on the hotel from a guest stand point. I found this hotel to be very nice. Although its a little over to top for Midland its a very nice hotel. staff was perfect spot on. the "Delux room" i had left a little bad taste. at 109. 00 a night I found the room to be small but clean. There were a few maintenance Issues I spotted throughout the hotel such as the screan in room 205 was throwen at the window and not properly instaled. As you are walking down the hallway you can see a very poor painted on the celing in the hall way right in front of the Sales office. The servcie in the cafe was fair on a scale of 1 throught 10 I give it a 6. better smiling faces goes a long way. Be careful. 11 % tax in the tri City area of Michigan. what do they think their NEW YORK. The tax rate is Higher the Detroit and Detroit has more to offer. I guess we know where the pro tax people live. Id Stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bigbusiness_10
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
We appreciate your helpful comments and are happy that you feel we are a very nice hotel. We have reviewed your comments regarding the maintenance issues and have corrected them. Thanks.
Please visit again!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights about a week ago. The common areas are well appointed and impressive. The staff is helpful and room service is prompt. The rooms are smaller but interiors are pleasing. Onsite restaurant and lounge/bar serves nice food , it is certainly way better than most restaurants in Midland. They have a pantry on each floor where water and snack items are complimentary which is very nice. Overall very good experience , few things could have been better - (1) my room didn't have Flat screen, I was surprised to see old fashion TVs here (2) At breakfast I noticed it takes more time for food to be prepared. (3) for some reason I was told to park outside when underground parking is available. It was raining and windy, would have appreciated better guidance.

Room Tip: It's easy to get great deal on Priceline
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Samkool
Dolce123, Sales & Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thanks for the nice review, we appreciate you staying with us. We will review your concerns with our staff in order to improve our service. We do have plans to add new flat screen TV’s in our guestrooms in 2012. We hope to see you again soon.
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel offers charming amenities and very clean comfortable rooms. I dined at Cafe Zinc and it felt like I was at a French Bistro with great food! The service and staff at this hotel exceed expectations and made for a relaxing wonderful time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank si_graziemille
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for the nice review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

My children and I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and have always had a wonderful experience. The hotel has an elegance to it, yet is very comfortable, and always immaculate. Although the accommodations are quite lovely, it's really the hotel staff that keeps us coming back. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and make both my children and I feel most welcome. The hotel is located across the street from a beautiful park with wonderful walking and bike trails, and a huge draw for us is that the hotel has bikes available for its guests (including children). The restaurant offers a very nice dining experience that you would not find in other areas nearby, and the pool and exercise room are clean, modern and well-equipped. We all always look forward to returning and our never disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank nancy k
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thanks you for your nice comments. We are fortunate to have a great team and personable staff to make our guests feel at home. We hope to see you again soon at the H!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Our stay here was fantastic! The hotel exceeded our expectations by far!! We knew that it was nice but did'nt realize it was as nice as it was. The rooms were very roomy and the bed was super comfy. I would totally stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RK2004
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for the nice comments. We are happy we exceeded your expectations and look forward to your return.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I am a Downtown Midland business owner, so I am very familiar with The H. I decided to stay at the H as my business partner was out of town for a funeral, and I wanted to stay close to our restaurant. I walked into The H (as tired as I have ever been in my life), and I didn't have a bunch of paperwork to provide or need to be fingerprinted or provide my car license plate number -- they just needed a form of payment -- the clerk handed me my room pass, thanked me for coming, and sent me on my way (a couple of minutes tops). My room was in a location that I knew my booking agent ("Mindy") had selected for me -- not too far of a walk -- but quiet and somewhat secluded. I opened the door of my room and it smelled wonderful -- fresh. There were many special touches -- the Kuerig coffee maker (with a good selection of coffees and teas), the bathroom tolietries, and the tasteful decor. Even their housekeeping staff member said "hello" (and offered me some of her blackberries she was snacking on). The best surprise of all was the bed -- it was beyond comfortable -- and no skimping on the pillows (I was ready to go home and burn mine). I slept so good, that I was late for the first time ever! Also, I do know several of the employees at the H and they are the best -- they are always pleasant whether at work or not. I really believe this is the level of service they provide for all their guests (whether you own a neighboring business or not). The H is as good of an experience as I have ever had at a hotel. I may need to find an excuse real soon to stay their again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank marinells
We appreciate your comments. We are very fortunate to have outstanding associates taking care of our guests. Please visit again soon!