“Business Stay”

Woodbridge, California
“Business Stay”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ok.....
I live on the road for work & we try to save a buck or two..
This hotel is not the Ritz ~ But it is better than most out there.....
If your looking to stay at a Holiday Inn & Express this is not it.
But if your looking for a decent place to stay & save a buck or to this will do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was a bit hesitant to book this motel but everything was booked or too expensive for the quality. I had stayed here about 10 years ago when I locked myself out of my apartment and I'd heard they'd remodeled so I figured I would give it a chance. I had ridiculously low expectations and my first room failed to even meet those. It was near the street and on the 2nd floor. FIrst thing I notice if the light switch by the door is taped over, the security light is right above the window and the air was blowing directly on the bed. Only a desk separated the a/c unit and the bed. If I had stayed in this room I probably would have a headache or earache the next morning from even the fan blowing on me all night. But this was just a place to sleep, so I could try to deal with it.

The bathroom was laid out a bit strange and the toilet seat needs to be replaced. It was stained and quite old, but appeared clean so I could overlook it. A large amount of enamel was missing from the tub, which would have bothered me but I wasn't planning on using it, so again could overlook it. The tv stand was scratched up and the carpet was a bit damp, which I attributed to the air being on so high. So I carry all my stuff up the stairs, then have to go back down and into the main building to get ice. The vending machine was out of the only non-caffeine selection and didn't even have a full selection. Like the machine could have 6 drinks and there was only 5 and 2 or 3 were sold out. Went back to my room and decided I was in for the night and then I lost it. The chain to secure the door was almost completely ripped from the wall! With everything else wrong with the room I couldn't handle it. I felt like I was in some drug motel or a pay by the hour type place. I hauled all my stuff back to my car, found out another hotel had some cancellations and went in to check out. The manager offered to put me in a different room first, which I agreed to. It was a night and day difference. This was a remodeled first floor king bed jacuzzi room. I didn't pay the additional fee for the jacuzzi but it looked nice. The bedspread was nicer and newer, the bathroom was in perfect condition, the floor was dry and the door lock was totally different plus the chain was attached to the wall. If you have to stay here for any reason, make sure you request the jacuzzi rooms because I have a feeling those are the only nice ones.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sabinebaby

Travelers are raving about these Midland hotels

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. On the morning after the second night, I went to turn on the shower, but no water came! Then I tried the sink - again, no water. Next, I called the front desk to see what was going on. They said that a water main break had occurred. I had to shortly leave for work, so I couldn't shower.

That evening when I returned, water was back on. However, I wanted to get at least a partial refund so I went to the front desk. When I explained what happened, the individual at the front desk said that since the water main break wasn't the motel's fault, it didn't make sense for me to get any money back! In addition, he said that all the guests at the motel were informed about the situation 30 minutes before the water was shut off. That was definitely not the case for me.

By the way, I was traveling for business; since, my company only reimburses me for the costs I incur on my trip, I have no direct incentive to get a partial refund (my company just wouldn't have to reimburse me as much). Regardless, a partial refund would have been the right thing to do.

I won't stay at this hotel the next time I'm in Midland; you shouldn't either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim M
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Unfriendly customer service and for a few more bucks you can be staying at places that are a lot nicer.

They say you get what you pay for but if I said that about this place, you would be overpaying.

When I went to book my room the girl at the desk was extremely unfriendly and had a lot of attitude for no reason.

When I left I let her know if she doesn't change her attitude, they will be lucky to get anymore business. Because the place isn't even clean to begin with.

Just avoid this place all together.

Room Tip: Just avoid it
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank patrick m
Washington, Michigan
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed here for the week and it was pretty nice. The size of our room was really big with big walk out doors to see outside. Fully stocked with a table and chairs, couch, big fridge, and microwave. All the necessities were met, nice and clean. Staff was very nice although housekeeping could of been better. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I ended up here after expedia overbooked my wife and I at another hotel. On the way here I read the reviews and was pretty nervous about our stay. It is old, and a little ran down, but clean. I would stay at a newer hotel if possible, but I felt this one was better than the other reviews led me to believe.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Tdozer
Johnston
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The entire room stunk so bad I had to go to the laundry with all our clothes. The smell of old stale cigarette smoke was horrid. Even the bedding smelled bad. People smoking outside the front door. You have to walk through it to get to registration. I used bleach water to clean the bathroom, before I used it. Horrible, old and nasty. Jake at the desk was rude.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pbtmm
midlandmotorinn, Webmaster at Midland Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing Midland Motor Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you also for taking the time to fill out a guest review. It is these reviews that help us to be sure that the standards which we wish to maintain are being upheld.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The housekeeping staff received additional training in what we require of them in maintaining the rooms at the high cleanliness level which we have set.

• Jake and the rest of the desk staff have received extra training in the matter of courtesy that we expect them to show to our guests.

• We have spoken to our staff about making sure that the area around the front door is clearly designated as a no smoking area.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay at Midland Motor Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.