Midland Motor Inn
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn(Midland)
Residence Inn Midland(Midland)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Unfriendly customer service and for a few more bucks you can be staying at places that are a lot nicer.

They say you get what you pay for but if I said that about this place, you would be overpaying.

When I went to book my room the girl at the desk was extremely unfriendly and had a lot of attitude for no reason.

When I left I let her know if she doesn't change her attitude, they will be lucky to get anymore business. Because the place isn't even clean to begin with.

Just avoid this place all together.

Room Tip: Just avoid it
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank patrick m
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed here for the week and it was pretty nice. The size of our room was really big with big walk out doors to see outside. Fully stocked with a table and chairs, couch, big fridge, and microwave. All the necessities were met, nice and clean. Staff was very nice although housekeeping could of been better. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I ended up here after expedia overbooked my wife and I at another hotel. On the way here I read the reviews and was pretty nervous about our stay. It is old, and a little ran down, but clean. I would stay at a newer hotel if possible, but I felt this one was better than the other reviews led me to believe.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Tdozer
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The entire room stunk so bad I had to go to the laundry with all our clothes. The smell of old stale cigarette smoke was horrid. Even the bedding smelled bad. People smoking outside the front door. You have to walk through it to get to registration. I used bleach water to clean the bathroom, before I used it. Horrible, old and nasty. Jake at the desk was rude.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pbtmm
midlandmotorinn, Webmaster at Midland Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing Midland Motor Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you also for taking the time to fill out a guest review. It is these reviews that help us to be sure that the standards which we wish to maintain are being upheld.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The housekeeping staff received additional training in what we require of them in maintaining the rooms at the high cleanliness level which we have set.

• Jake and the rest of the desk staff have received extra training in the matter of courtesy that we expect them to show to our guests.

• We have spoken to our staff about making sure that the area around the front door is clearly designated as a no smoking area.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay at Midland Motor Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed February 14, 2008

My 19 yr old son and I stayed here on Feb 2. This is definately the WORST hotel I have ever been in. It is extremely dated and rundown. The wall paper was coming off the walls. It still had the old style air conditioner in the walls that had a flock of birds living in it.

The thermostat did not work in the room. It was set on 85 when we went into the room, but it never got above 70 degrees. We called the office and they DID bring us a portable electric heater to use for the night. But, the people beside us said there thermostat did not work either, as their room was extremely hot and they could not control it by the thermostat. My sister stayed a couple doors down, and their thermostat actually fell off the wall when they tried to adjust it.

The room just felt and looked dirty, which the baseboards were. And when you entered the room there were tiles and nowhere to wipe your feet and there was salt tracked everywhere. We had to make sure we ALWAYS had shoes on to walk around.

I can handle an older style hotel, but this was in very poor condition. We paid $65 for the room, and it was NOT worth it at all. The owners would be much better off getting 20 rooms cleaned up and updated and only renting out those 20 rooms till they get the rest done, because to continue to rent out the rooms in the condition they are in is just bad business practice on their part.

I would NOT recommend this hotel at all. There were just too many things broken, old and in disrepair.

The owners were quite nice though about bringing us a heater.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jackiedog

Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing Midland Motor Inn for your recent stay.

Upon receiving your review immediate steps were taken. Housekeeping staff was retrained as to the standards of cleanliness which we require of them. Maintenance was also spoken to about keeping the air conditioners, thermostats and other equipment in the rooms in proper working order.

Old is one thing and not necessarily a bad thing, but unseemliness and not working properly are another and will not be tolerated. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to call these things to our attention so that we can take steps to see that they are corrected.

I am very glad to know that you found the owners to be quite nice.

I hope that the next time you stay in our area, you will stay at Midland Motor Inn. I think you will be very pleased.