“Not much to speak of”

Bamboo Garden
Ranked #56 of 144 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We arrived here a little before 5pm on a Thursday. We had to wait to be seated because there was only one waitress trying to service at least four tables that were already seated. She was very buy and tried to do here best, but with at least four more tables arriving shortly after us she was overwhelmed.
There was only one cook also, so it was almost 45 minutes before we actually got our meal. I had peppered beef which was just OK, nothing great. My wife had spicy fish which came out in a huge bowl and spicy just the way she likes it, just way too much. The fish which was boiled had a peculiar texture, sort of spongy - not sure what kind of fish it was, the menu doesn't say.
As for the environment - it is modified pizza hut building, with a coat of paint, some paneling, and inexpensive pictures about. The carpets were very dirty.
The quantity of food was excellent for the price, and the waitress was great, management needs to insure adequate staff - another waitress showed us just before we left.

2  Thank Joe D

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I went here after arriving in Michigan, the place is very clean, nice atmosphere and the food is awesome!!!! We will be back before we leave Michigan. Our waiter was very nice and attentive,

1  Thank Pamela H
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been to restaurants in CA and NY, and this is equivalent to what you get. The restaurant does not have a fancy decor, but to me the decision factor is what the food looks and tastes. And this restaurant delivers. I am surprised to say I loved the crispy eggplant dish that is very mild and tasty, as well as a spicy breaded chicken dish with red pepper flakes, which is hot and delicious! I especially like that each of the dishes we ordered had distinct flavors that belong to the meat or vegetable, unlike the Chinese food you get in other places where they are overwelmed by sauces. This is the right way to cook food!

3  Thank Vicky X
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We decided to meet church folks here; food was alright, not too delicious or shabby.
Item presentation is authentic. Service excellent. Afterwards, we realized that restaurant uses lots of MSG on their dishes. Our party decided to meet here again but I don't know if I should go.

2  Thank Simon S
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great food. Great service. Great all-around dining experience. I had the crispy eggplant, and it was excellent. The vegetarian menu is quite extensive, and I look forward to many return trips.

1  Thank Peznbooks

Been to Bamboo Garden? Share your experiences!