“Lots of Food.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ghengis Khan Mongolian BBQ
Ranked #33 of 141 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Midland, Michigan
“Lots of Food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Fine variety and choice of eats. You can go back as much as you want so you can take advantage of really eating a lot. Fun dining experience.

Hemlock, Michigan
“Overall disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Had not been here in years and decided to give it a try on a trip to Midland. I truly enjoy the concept of the raw foods being take to be cooked along w/my own choices of sauces and spices.
The presentation of the raw food was good but there did not seem to be an over-all plan to it. Soups were good though the fried wontons for the hot & sour were pretty well crumbs and should have been replaced. The salad ingredients were fresh and well presented. There were a lot of sauces and spices and that is where, in my estimation, it started to fall apart. The labels had been moved, probably by previous patrons, and it was not clear which pot belonged to which liquid. After getting my bowl and my small sauce cup I joined a line. There was only one fellow cooking and he was doing a very energetic job. I went to the counter and put my bowls down and waited. He finished the grill, cleaned it and the happy diners left and, from my left, a new line formed and it was apparent that I had 'cut', though no one said a word, I was just not going to get in on this next group. So I left my space and returned to what was the end of the next group. This led to a great delay. Again the cook was alone. Each now and again a head would look out of a door and another worker did come out to remove some of the cooking utensils to wash. This one guy soldiered on. He is not to be faulted but at other such eateries I have never seen only one cook. At others the cooks interact with the customers and earn tips w/banter or personal techniques. This fellow assiduously avoided eye-contact and rarely interacted w/a customer. Again, this is not to fault him. The place was not crowded but a line of 8 was a full grill. That said, the sauces I had and the 2 my wife tried had a similar and cloying overall taste- sugar and salt. On my first pass I did seafood and garlicky sauces. Salt and sugar. My wife did beef and a soy-sauce variation. Salt and sugar. I returned for a chicken mixture and used an orange-something sauce and that was... see a pattern here?- salt and sugar. Needless to say we were thirsty the rest of the day and the variations of flavor were not apparent.

• Visited April 2012
midland, mi
“Fun Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Pick out your meat, veggies and seasoning. Watch the chef prepare on a big grill. Decent food, fun time.

Visited July 2011
MIchigan
“Fun place for a night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

The food is good because you get to prepare the ingredients to your liking. They cook it quickly most of the time but if it is crowded it takes awhile to get your food done.

Michigan
“Food good, but value?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I would suggest its overpriced compared to their competitors, though they have none locally. If you hit it when its packed, its frustrating as you can wait in line a long time, though usually its not too crowded,