“Great Flavor Expreience”

Basil thai bistro
Ranked #6 of 150 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Food is fresh daily and you can really tell. High quality, low cost and you can control the spice level. Very good for anyone to try Thai food! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

A small restaurant, owned by local people. I have had the soup, Pho, which had excellent deep flavors.
On another day, I had Curry Friend Rice, with Shrimp. It is made with yellow Curry, so it is pretty mild, with just a hint of heat. A great starter for those that would like to try a mild Curry.
I also had the Drunken Noodles with Beef. Once again, another flavorful dish.
My taste buds dance in delight.
Food is cooked to order, so you will have to wait some. The bonus, I don't like cooked peppers and they have no problems with leaving them out for me.
I LOVE this place. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I love this place! They cook the food fresh and they have a gluten-free menu which I greatly appreciate. When you go, you have to try a drink/smoothie with their tapioca pearls at the bottom (so delicious!). Best place to go in Midland if you enjoy Thai food!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went to this restaurant with a friend. We arrived almost an hour before closing but we were the only guests in the restaurant. It became clear that we were considered an imposition on the staff. First, they refused to make summer rolls w/o shrimp. So we each ordered an appetizer and an entree straight from the menu. The entree came a few minutes after the appetizer so that we had four plates cluttering our small table. The staff proceeded to shut the place down around us, climbing over me to access the window They opened the restroom and mopped the bathroom down a few feet from our table. Disgusting! It's a shame the service was so bad since the food was actually quite good. I'd give the restaurant a four on the food and a one for the service.

3  Thank SeniorSingle
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Have been to many Thai places, mostly in Detriot area. So I had high expectation when a friend told me about this new place. We ordered curry and I ordered hot. While that thing had a kick! The food was still good. It was just that after 4 hours I still felt the heat. Maybe I will come here again when I'm ready for this level of spicy.