“Excellent! Array of Unique Menu Items! Top Quality!”
Review of The Creek Grill

The Creek Grill
Ranked #7 of 144 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Year round, The Creek Grill offers a full bar, fireplace, and live music on Friday nights! During the summer, we have a patio for outdoor seating, a sand volleyball court, and two horseshoe pits!
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a foodies find!
Who would have known! :)
And I am the fussiest one! LOL

Great variety of unique menu items!
High quality ingredients! AND FRESH TOO!
Great presentation!
Tried things I would not normally and was Impressed!
Great service too!
Kudos to this hidden gem in the Tri Cities / Great Lakes Bay Region!
Worth the trip as a destination!

1  Thank UberLiciousVintage
CreekGrill, Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thanks for such a great response! We're glad we can please even the fussiest! As you mentioned, we bring the highest quality ingredients together in ways most wouldn't think to - and it's awesome you are adventurous and unafraid to try new things!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

First visit
We tried a whole smattering of items. Chips and salsa; oh yea perch, walleye, baked potato skins, bleu cheese cole slaw, sweet potato fries, and potato pancakes. Everything is homemade and tasted amazing. A must try for folks heading north this summer.

CreekGrill, Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for the great review, and we're glad you love the variety and quality on our menu! We try to be as competitively priced as most chain restaurants - with a quality that far surpasses them!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We live just down the road and eat there about 3 times a month. We love the burgers, lobster mac and all the specials! Chips and salsa are always great! You are missing out if you dont go there!

CreekGrill, General Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for the awesome review! We love having you here as much as you love eating here!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I visited during the week. The service was very good. The chips and salsa were excellent. The chips were crisp, salty and delicious and the salsa was well balanced and went very well with the chips. My wife had a BBQ sandwich and fries, which she liked very much. I had perch and the seasonal vegetable. Perch has an excellent, mild flavor and does not need a strong-flavored batter. I found the coating to be too strongly herbed, covering rather than accentuating the flavor of the fish. The "seasonal" vegetable was zucchini - in early June. It's asparagus season, which would make a great seasonal vegetable. Zucchini is in season in the summer and would make a reasonable "seasonal" vegetable in August. If it isn't in season, it isn't "seasonal" - it's just a vegetable. (Sorry... Pet peeve.) Overall, The Creek merits another visit to try other dishes but I will avoid the fish.

1  Thank Richard M
CreekGrill, Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! Sorry for hitting a nerve with the seasonal vegetable - you are totally correct! Asparagus is the best choice this time of year for the seasonal vegetable, and we have been really going through it! We've been increasingly busy (not the worst problem in the world!) and unfortunately we have had to supplement the seasonal vegetable at times when we ran out of our normal option, and I believe you might have joined us when we were out!

I look forward to you and your wife joining us again, and I'm confident now we know just how much asparagus we need to anticipate!

We appreciate your feedback, and if you come in on Friday or Saturday, ask for me, Andrew! I'd love to personally make sure you have a great dining experience!

Thank you!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here on just before 5pm on a Friday night. The bar area had quite a few people and was quite loud, we were sat on the complete opposite end of the restaurant by ourselves and stayed by ourselves until just before we left. They were seating other people closer to the other end of the restaurant and it didn't start to fill up until we left. This made us feel like outcasts. Our table did not have a drink menu and the waitress acted like we were annoying her when we asked what they had to drink. We both ordered the sirloin steak and they were both undercooked. I ordered a medium and it came out rare, my boyfriend ordered medium well and his came out medium. We would have sent them back, but we were ignored by the waitress when we tried to flag her down. She was standing near the entrance with the rest of the front of house staff talking. We decided to just eat the steak and I have to say I'm glad it wasn't cooked any more because it was so tough our knives had time cutting through it. The seasoning was ok, but it was something I could have made at home. The best thing about the meal was the beer. I had a pint of Copper Harbor and it was really good. We won't be back based on the service I do not like being ignored and treated like a child when I ask questions about the menu.

1  Thank momma_of_kitties
CreekGrill, Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

I'm sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience! On Fridays we are in sections and try to space out seating in the restaurant so no one server is over-loaded! I can assure that we do not seat people based on anything other than where we feel they will get the best service, and will be the most comfortable. We have a large group of regulars every Friday, and they can be loud - that is why we try to seat people away from the bar area and into the dining area (people who are there for drinks tend to not mind a louder noise level). I apologize if this made you feel in any way, shape, or form unwanted! We love all of our Creek Fans equally!

Also, all of our steaks are USDA Choice or Prime (for reference, the vast majority of chain restaurants serve USDA select, a step down from choice). I apologize that your steaks weren't cooked to your liking, we would have been glad to correct the issue!

We would love for you to come in again - If it's on a Friday ask for me, Andrew, and I'd be glad to personally take care of you myself!