“not impressed at all”

The Creek Grill
Ranked #6 of 144 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Year round, The Creek Grill offers a full bar, fireplace, and live music on Friday nights! During the summer, we have a patio for outdoor seating, a sand volleyball court, and two horseshoe pits!
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here on just before 5pm on a Friday night. The bar area had quite a few people and was quite loud, we were sat on the complete opposite end of the restaurant by ourselves and stayed by ourselves until just before we left. They were seating other people closer to the other end of the restaurant and it didn't start to fill up until we left. This made us feel like outcasts. Our table did not have a drink menu and the waitress acted like we were annoying her when we asked what they had to drink. We both ordered the sirloin steak and they were both undercooked. I ordered a medium and it came out rare, my boyfriend ordered medium well and his came out medium. We would have sent them back, but we were ignored by the waitress when we tried to flag her down. She was standing near the entrance with the rest of the front of house staff talking. We decided to just eat the steak and I have to say I'm glad it wasn't cooked any more because it was so tough our knives had time cutting through it. The seasoning was ok, but it was something I could have made at home. The best thing about the meal was the beer. I had a pint of Copper Harbor and it was really good. We won't be back based on the service I do not like being ignored and treated like a child when I ask questions about the menu.

1  Thank momma_of_kitties
CreekGrill, Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

I'm sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience! On Fridays we are in sections and try to space out seating in the restaurant so no one server is over-loaded! I can assure that we do not seat people based on anything other than where we feel they will get the best service, and will be the most comfortable. We have a large group of regulars every Friday, and they can be loud - that is why we try to seat people away from the bar area and into the dining area (people who are there for drinks tend to not mind a louder noise level). I apologize if this made you feel in any way, shape, or form unwanted! We love all of our Creek Fans equally!

Also, all of our steaks are USDA Choice or Prime (for reference, the vast majority of chain restaurants serve USDA select, a step down from choice). I apologize that your steaks weren't cooked to your liking, we would have been glad to correct the issue!

We would love for you to come in again - If it's on a Friday ask for me, Andrew, and I'd be glad to personally take care of you myself!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have not been overly impressed with restaurants in Midland, so I was pleasantly surprised with the fresh quality of ingredients used at The Creek Grill. The salsa was made in-house from fresh tomatoes, the broccoli was perfectly roasted and my fish tacos were fantastic. My only complaint would be the tortillas: they were over grilled and dry. My dinner date had a nice salad and chicken wrap that looked tasty. I am looking forward to my next meal there.

1  Thank BnG7
CreekGrill, Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you! We look forward to you returning as well! We're glad you love the salsa - a lot of hard work and pride goes into making it!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We ate here last week and the food is good. We heard word of mouth that the food was good and it was as advertised. We will definitely visit this establishment again. I can see where the atmosphere would be lacking when they have bands play like the other reviewers suggest but that's a simple fix, just don't go when they have bands playing.

1  Thank Joe B
CreekGrill, Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We're glad we lived up to all the hype, and we look forward to seeing you again! We have since put up sound dampening panels, and they help quite a bit!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a great place for food, but you better not expect a quiet evening talking with friends. If you're going out with the "buddies" then it's fine. The sad part is, the loudness will eventually drive some of the higher clientele away. Lunch time is better for the noise level. Other than that like I said , great food and service, will still go back.

1  Thank Randall C
CreekGrill, Manager at The Creek Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for the compliment! When we have full bands it can get noisy, as our dining room doesn't have the best acoustics!

We have since ordered sound dampening panels and will be hanging them from the ceiling throughout the dining room to quell some of the noise and reverberation!

Thank you again Randall, and we should be getting the panels sometime this week!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

In a place where it is hard to find variety- the Creek is a refreshing change of pace. We have never had a bad experience. The staff is great and the food is better. If you aren't into loud music, try going earlier when they don't have bands- you won't be disappointed.

Thanks! We love having you in!