“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars

Baymont Inn & Suites Midland
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Midland
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have lived in Midland and know the city, but needed a room for a recent family visit. My husband and I were attracted by past reviews and lower rates than other options. We did not spend a lot of time in the room because we were eating out and attending a Loons game, as well as spending time with family and friends. We were completely satisfied. The hotel is extremely clean and quiet. The decor in the lobby is kitschy, but the staff pleasant. There are more luxurious places to stay in Midland, but if value is the criteria, this is a good choice.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alpena, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

For not being a national chain I was a little nervous about staying. It was great. The staff was wonderful as soon as we walked in. Very friendly and gave us a wonderful room rate. The lobby was decorated just like home and with fresh popcorn and coffee going all the time it was very warm and inviting. The rooms were well maintained and the pool and hot tub area was very clean also. Minutes away from shopping, Dow diamond and the other wonderful things in Midland, it was great. I love that it is a pet friendly hotel but you don't know it the carpets are very clean. And my kids loved going outside to look at the double decker bus and play on the little playset.

BAY CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

At the risk of sounding like a commercial, I want to post my impression of this inn.
After living in this part of Michigan our whole life and moving to NC in late 2013, it was strange to be visiting and have to find to find a place to stay for a week. After studying Trip Advisor, I figured the Fairview Inn was near things we had planned, had decent prices and nice reviews and was worth a try so I booked it.
The cost for our multiple-night stay was very reasonable, and moreso when we figured in the evening snacks of hot popcorn and a fantastic cappuccino machine that I tried to drain. Between the snacks and breakfast savings, the room became even more of a deal for us.
The inn is conveniently off a major highway (US-10) and very nice looking from the outside. The staff was friendly and made check-in easy. The manager happened to be there and explained future revisions they were working on - I liked that for our future plans. The room was clean, quiet, with A/C that worked well, and a nice TV. The beds and pillows were comfortable, the room and bathroom were clean, and WI-FI worked well. We slept like babies, and housekeeping was great each day. The breakfast area was bright and homey and exceptionally maintained, serving the usual waffles, hard-boiled eggs, cereals and fresh fruit, and great coffee.
We did not use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting and had a hot tub on one end. One of our favorite things, if you can imagine it, was spending some of our free time in the lobby! The lobby had two different sitting arrangements with comfortable living room type chairs and sofas with a large screen TV in one and what looked to be a gas fireplace in the other (at this time of the year, I couldn’t tell). Displays from several different collections were evident in the lobby and around the lobby – very interesting touch we thought. At the end of our busy days, we spent the evening watching the Detroit Tigers on TV while eating the free popcorn and sipping the free coffee, white, vanilla and hot chocolate from the cappuccino machine. We enjoyed it as we caught up on our computer work, and I remember thinking that this was a lot like sitting in our own living room.
As mentioned above, the place looks great from the outside, including a red double-decker bus on display. It is located in a nice area for restaurants and shopping.
It was nothing short of our home away from home for almost a week and we loved it. We plan to return several times a year, and this will be our base of operations when we come. My wife and I agree that this was one of the most enjoyable inns we have ever stayed in. The personal service by the staff, including Kaylob, Megan and Dan, who we talked to the most, was outstanding. They really seemed to want our return business….. fine with me.

1 Thank osan4444
Greensburg, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have family in Midland and we have stayed here before only because we had a dog with us. That is no longer the case but we decided to stay there anyway. For a pet friendly hotel you would never know--quiet, no odor or any other pet reminders. The rooms are large enough and nicely furnished. Requested a shower chair for my husband and it was waiting in the room on arrival. The breakfast was sufficient. The common rooms and pool was very nicely maintained. Will go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

What a gem! Coming through Midland on the US Bike Route 20 from Marine City to Ludington. When I called in, she was very friendly and offered to store our bikes in their locked garage. When I asked if they had a laundry, she replied, with complimentary detergent and softener. We arrived to a large basket of fruit in lobby along with 24/7 coffee and popcorn. Place was neat and clean! Pool and hot tub were amazing! We also learned they have a free shuttle until ten pm. They dropped us at restaurant and picked is back up. Continental breakfast on the way out the door. They really go the extra mile. This place was a real treat! I'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark M
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Staff friendly. Large clean rooms. Nice for not being a chain hotel. Complimentary popcorn, Capp and coffee in the lobby. Quick stay so did not have time to check out the pool. Did offer continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sanford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night after a night out drinking and we were pleasantly surprised! The front desk ladies were very friendly and our room was squeaky clean. The only thing I would've changed was to have a more updated television, but other than that we enjoyed our experience! Thanks Fairview!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsea D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Sleep Inn
Residence Inn Midland
Residence Inn Midland
#4 of 12 in Midland
5.0 of 5 stars 86 reviews

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Midland? Share your experiences!