“Great place for this price range” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Baymont Inn & Suites Midland
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Milford, Michigan
“Great place for this price range”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very, very clean. Friendly staff. GREAT PRICE!

We were in a nearby town for a high school reunion and (I don't know why but) we waited until the last minute to book a room. We looked at a lot of different hotels and read a LOT of reviews. We didn't want to spend a lot of money for what we anticpated being a 12-14 hour stay in the room.

I am so thankful we took the time to read (and trust) the reviews about the Fairview Inn. We will definitely stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rome City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here largely because because all the "name brand" chain hotells were booked out because of some local event.

The price $79 was great considering how much more some of the others are. We booked on the hotel's site.

The exterior of the hotel is plain except for the giant red double decker which was a fun photo op. The lot is well lit and in clear view of the road and lobby. Lobby was clean and inviting. There was free popcorn, coffee, and cappuccino all the time. Staff was great, and we checked in and out quickly and easily.

Our room was immaculate. The carpet and floors didn't feel grimy like they sometimes do. We had a room facing away from the highway so noise was no issue. Room might have been a bit dated, but I will take a clean, dated room any day.

Breakfast was very good. Lots of fruit, pastries, cereal, juice, and two waffel makers.

Overall this is a great place to stay in Midland and is a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Midland, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Most of the staff at the Fairview were friendly and helpful, however, the manager there was SO TERRIBLE that I will NEVER stay there again or recommend this place to ANYONE. We had to stay at the hotel because our house had been contaminated with lead. We had no possessions and had to quickly find a place that would take us (my husband, 4 year old step daughter) and our dog. This was supposedly a "dog friendly" hotel. However, the manager called me and yelled at me for over 30 minutes for allowing my dog to lay on one of the hotel blankets. I apologized immediately and offered to pay for the blanket and tried to explain to him how we had NOTHING from our house. He proceeded to tell me how i had "no sense" and how it was unacceptable, etc. that this happened. The entire process of not having a home to go to and none of our things was already stressful enough - when I tried to again apologize and explain to this man how stressed we all were and just doing the best we could with a crappy situation he continued to yell at me. Even when I asked him to please stop, he STILL continued. He was completely unprofessional and disrespectful. It left a horrible taste in my mouth - I proceed straight to the hotel, packed up what little we had and left. We ended up going to the Sleep Inn next door where they were friendly, considerate and sympathetic with what my family and I were going through. I hope you NEVER have to deal with this awful and unprofessional managed. Go somewhere else!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank belle63376
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Enjoyed our overnight stay at the Fairview Inn. The room was immaculate and the staff was accomodating and friendly. Desk clerk suggested a nearby restaurant that fit our needs when we arrived a bit late in the evening. Would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mayville, Wisconsin, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed in wonderful Midland MI for two nights. The rates are reasonable. Rooms were clean and quiet. Had a nice pool and Jacuzzi from what I seen and was told by several guests. The complimentary popcorn and cappuccino was a nice touch that you normally don't see very often. The breakfast was adequate. I would probably stay again should I ever have the pleasure of gracing Midland again.

Room Tip: Doubles were fine. They do have suites.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Mecosta, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I received a gift certificate for a free night stay in a standard room at the Fairview Inn for Christmas. We decided to use this for his birthday in January and upgrade to a suite. The staff was helpful and facilitating when I made this reservation . After arriving our first night we decided to extend our stay and booked the room for another night. When I made my initial reservation the gal at the front desk told me a suite ran for $69 to $79 so this is the price I thought I was paying for the second night and I was not told any different upon rebooking the room. The second evening of our stay I went to the front counter to discuss payment options and was slapped in the face with a price of $109 for the second night. At that point we had been in the room for the whole second day and were rudely informed of that. He said that the staff member who had given me the prices of $69 to $79 had misspoke herself, but offered no apology, much less a solution.
Our last morning there I went down to the front desk to pay for the room. When I was handed my receipt, the price was again not what I was expecting or had been told. They had charged me $129!!!! My boyfriend, at this point, asked to speak with a manager. She begrudgingly informed him that she was the manager and asked what he needed. He informed her of all the discrepancies we had had with our room pricing. She began attempting to explain that we had used a certificate for the first night and paid the balance and the second night we were paying in full. When he asked her again why we had been quoted 3 different prices, she merely replied "suites are $109 a night plus hotel tax ($129)". He then explained that the associate we spoke with who had given us the $109 price had told us that suites were $99 per night plus hotel tax making it $109 to be charged to the card on file. Again we were not offered an apology or a solution to our displeasure.
I will NOT be staying here again!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Melissa F
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Fairview for 8 nights over the Thanksgiving holliday. Normally, we choose a branded, upscale hotel for our travel, but due to having other family members in tow, we went with the locally owned "value" choice for this trip. We were quite pleasantly surprised with the result.

We started off with a "queen" room, but it seemed very small and dated, so we quickly upgraded to the "king". Staff helped with this seamlessly and obviously wanted to ensure that we were happy.

The rooms are of moderate size, and with minimal decor, most of which featured local art/photographs. The linens are simple, but effective. The room was very clean. The bathroom consists of a toilet and shower, with the sink and mirror outside in the spacious "hallway" between the room door and the main bedroom/living area. We had a desk and an easy chair, with free wireless internet and a smallish flatscreen television. The internet connection quality and speed were excellent, and the TV had lots of channels including HBO. The bed was simple, but very comfortable to two people who are very picky about their mattresses. The pillows were fluffy and adequate. We had a small microwave/fridge combo in the room. The hotel was very quiet. An indoor pool and hot tub, as well as a simple exercise room rounded out the hotel. The included breakfast was simple, but sufficient, with pastries, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, cereals, and the obligatory drinks. No meats or hot dishes.

It was the little things that really had us rate this hotel as "very good". The service was excellent, even when we had a minor problem with our billing. Staff was friendly and helpful, even if some of the signage in the hotel seemed a bit scolding to us frequent travelers. The bed, as stated above, was quite comfortable. The free coffee, hot chocolate, and pop corn in the lobby were very good and welcoming in the cold Michigan weather. Small requests were always met with an accomodating manner (we asked to use the breakfast room at night so some of the family could get together and socialize, and they opened it immediately), and the cleaning crew was top notch.

Overall, we'd stay here again and recommend it to others. Save a few bucks when staying in Midland and appreciate the value that this hotel provides.

Room Tip: Get the King sized room or a suite. The "queen" rooms just aren't as good. Try to ge...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple