“outstanding facility”

Midland Center for the Arts
Ranked #6 of 29 things to do in Midland
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine a place where art, science, history, music, theatre, dance, films, camps, classes and professional world-class entertainers all live under one roof! This is Midland Center for the Arts, a beautiful landmark facility where people of all ages are invited to create as well as appreciate and explore these many areas of interest. With two performance venues, two museums, art studios, lecture halls, a historical campus and more, Midland Center for the Arts is unique among arts centers: it encourages participation in as well as appreciation for art, music, science and history. Located in Midland, Michigan, Midland Center for the Arts is just a 2-hour drive from Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City, enjoys handy access to US-10 and M-20, and offers convenient amenities to make your visit a pleasure.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

On June 12, we drove in from Cleveland OH to attend a Huey Lewis and the News concert. We have seen his concerts many times at other venues but never have we enjoyed his performances more than at the Midland Center of the Arts! Beginning with the online ticket purchase, Being from out of town, I wanted to purchase pre-sale to get the best seats and called to inquire the procedure. Nichole was so very kind and helpful to me and ultimately I purchased front row center seats! The acoustics were outstanding, parking easily available and free (unlike here in Cleveland) and an outstanding staff! We were literally 2 feet away from the stage which made this Huey Lewis and the News concert the best we ever attended . A big shout out to Nichole who made the 500+ mile round-trip drive most enjoyable!!!!

NewlySquires, Public Relations Manager at Midland Center for the Arts, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you very much for your outstanding review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the concert and if you're ever in the area again, we hope you visit us again! Thank you!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have been to the museum several times. I often come for the rotating exhibit and always leave a little disappointed. The exhibits that rotate are often small and leave something to be desired. I finish my visit quickly and am left with the decision to leave, walk through the completely undesirable year-round exhibit, or meander through the over-priced gift shop. My children love coming here but I loathe bringing them. Michigan has much better educational places that are deserving of your families time and money.

NewlySquires, Public Relations Manager at Midland Center for the Arts, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Hello,

We apologize for your poor experience in our museum. We'd like to make it up to you! Please email me at squiresk@mcfta.org so we can try to accommodate you.

I look forward to hearing back!

Kristen Squires
squiresk@mcfta.org

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I remember going here as a kid and seeing all of the cool displays, kind of like a science museum. they have different themes during the year, and also have many plays and shows.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We attended a concert in the main arena and also a separate craft fair spread over a number of reception areas reception areas. This in itself illustrates that the building can be used for various types of functions. The sound quality at the concert was satisfactory and the group performing were excellent (illustrating that top acts are attracted to the centre). The main arena has a somewhat basic feel about it but is still reasonably comfortable nonetheless.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Good spot to catch concerts and plays. The other half is a museum, with a kids touch interactive gallery. They also have changing collections from art to motorcycles. stop in and check it out.