“Pie mold”

Grand Traverse Pie Company
Ranked #22 of 141 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With a wide variety of fresh made products combined with comfortable settings in front of a fireplace, GT Pie Co in Midland is warm and welcoming.
Bullhead City, Arizona
“Pie mold”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I went into the restaurant for the very first time. No signage to direct a patron to a seat or where to order. Suzanna, behind the counter was very patient with a first time visitor, but have no suggestions or direction. I wanted a combo special with quiche, salad and pie. Got quiche, huge house salad and no pie. Dinner salad with no knife. Dinner was OK. Went up and ordered pie to go. Register girl did not know if the restaurant had no addef sugar pie. I found Splenda Cherry. Ordered pie to go. We live about 30 minutes away. Ready to have pie at home. Ate the crust and found moldy filling underneath. Called back to the restaurant, got Suzanna. Her response was "Thanks for letting us know." I called back the next morning, spoke with manager, Crystal. Very nice. Offered a pie next time we come to Midland.Won't be a next time. Pies are out on the counter, not refrigerated or chilled. One moldy pie is enough!!!

1 Thank BamaKathy1951

Cincinnati, Ohio
“This is what Panera aspires to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Upon the recommendation of my sister, who lives in Midland, MI, I stopped by for lunch.
It did not disappoint. This cafe/bakery is located in a small shopping mall on a main business road, less than a mile from the MidMichigan Midland Medical Center.

Tasty soups and sandwiches, with a freshness and distinctive taste separate this place from other chains, like Panera. The breads and cookies were tasty and fresh too.
Too often I have gone to other chains like Panera or Perkins restaurants and left disappointed even after eating their calling cards, the pastries.

The service here was quick and friendly. The restaurant was clean and attractive.
The prices were reasonable; although, the pies were slightly more expensive than supermarket or many other cafe/bakeries, it was well worth it. I did have some difficulty deciding which pie to purchase out of the vast choices available!
I took home a cherry pie and it was gone in no time at all; I wished that I had purchased several pies to take home, even though I live about 6 hrs away from here.

I might add that as a AAA member, I received a 5% discount on my purchase.

I strongly recommend that all visitors to Midland, MI (and several other cities in Michigan, too, I believe) stop by and have a meal at the Grand Traverse Pie Company; but if you just want to purchase a pie or cookies for carryout, I think you'll be very happy too.

• Visited October 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Huge Pies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a great time here as I had to visit & try the pies

Huge selection to choose from and the sandwiches are excellent

A great atmosphere with pleasant & professional staff

Would highly recommend

• Visited November 2012
Midland, Michigan
“Try the Prime Rib Pot Pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've never had a bad experience - every pie I ever bought was amazing and the counter service is wonderful. I love it that you can walk in and buy slices, whole fresh pies, or frozen bake-at-home pies.

Visited March 2013
Hemlock, Michigan
“The staff's enthusiasm and knowledge made a difference.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

1st timers getting take out... needed guidance because the selection is vast.. French bread w/herbs-- very good. Dinner salad.. crisp, fresh, varied and dressings were good. Chicken pot pie was fresh, hot, meaty and well-spiced, a treat. Cherry-rhubarb pie was delightful. Dinner for four w/leftovers for more. A very, very good meal but what is outstanding in my reflection is the staff and their investment in the quality and variety that we gathered. It was a group effort, a smooth ensemble that put together a memorable meal..

• Visited October 2012