“Better than most”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Flint, mi
“Better than most”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I live in Flint michigan, and there are a lot of mexican places in my town, but I'd trade most of them for this place. I really wish that they'd open a location in Flint... until then, I'll be eating mexican food at Los Cuatro Amigos whenever I can get to the Midland area. The seafood enchilada (i think it was an enchilada) had BIG chunks of shrimp in it. My sister likes the white cheese sauce you can get for dipping tortilla chips into. I think that this sauce is good, but not worth the price that they charge for it. I was really suprised when I looked up this place in the Tripadvisor list and saw how far down the list it was. I'd really believe that based on the food, that this place should really be ranked in the top 25% of Midland restaurants (not in the bottom half).

As far as customer service, I didn't have any problems. The wait staff do a good job.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank flintjarvis

Midland, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Waiters, HORRIBLE Hostess”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The food and wait-staff were amazing, per usual. The Hostess and the gaggle of young girls sitting behind us were not! After sitting my boyfriend and myself, the hostess went right to the corner "hang-out" spot were 4 or 5 other girls, I am assuming on and off the clock hostesses, were LOUDLY gossiping about everything. A few minutes after we were seated, an old gentleman was given a booth way in the back, after sitting there for quite a bit, he got up and left.... he never was served or seen by the staff. This is a typical occurance from my experience, the waitstaff are fast and reliable while the other are not. I truly hope they do not share tips, the hostess do not deserve them! Maybe I will ask next time.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank JMD8585
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Nasty customer service”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

When I ate lunch at this restaurant I would not have thought to review it, the food was okay but nothing special. The reason for this review is what happened after leaving the restaurant and the resulting credit card charge. I was charged 20 dollars above my bill. I know that this can easily be a mistake but after calling the restaurant numerous times and being told that a manager "will get back to me", it has never happened. The credit card company took care of it, but this restaurant or its manager never acknowledged my calls. I won't be back.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ann1019
midland, mi
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Good Mexican Food. They do a pretty good job at authentic Mexican food dishes.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Mexican”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Standard mexican fare, quick service, great chips and salsa