“Average Food, Sports Bar Atmosphere, Friendly Staff”

Big E's Sports Grill
Ranked #4 of 144 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Big E's Sports Grill is the premier Sports Bar in Midland, MI and has all of the sports action in HD. Big E's boasts a fresh menu featuring the Best Ribs and Burgers, Great Wings (we have meat on our bones)and the Coldest Beer with 28 on tap. Big E's has a wide range of offerings sure to please your taste buds! With the Best Food and TV in the Tri-cities; you've need to be here!
Reviewed June 24, 2013

While this is a great place to grab a beer and some munchies after a game or other evening event, their food continually disappoints when attempting to take a family to dinner. I have tried this restaurant 6 times spread out over two years. My hope was that they would improve their food but it remains average. My biggest complaint is their offerings for children. The standard Mac-n-Cheese (Boxed KRAFT) is served usually cold with dried up carrots and celery. The shame is my child likes all three of these items but they have consistently shown up at our table with a less than average plate appeal (tip; soak the veggies in water vs. pulling them out of the plastic bag dried up).

On the bright side the beer selection is extensive, pizza is always fresh and good for a sports pub. My hope is that they continue to improve because Midland needs restaurant options.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Plenty of televisions. Menu was average sports bar fare, a bit over priced. Service was good but the wait for the chow was on the long side for not being very busy. A good selection of beers.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good Cheep drinks plenty of TV’s loud and crowded.
Obviously this is a local hangout, at least for drinks anyway.
The food we had was OK had the Buffalo chicken pizza, thin crust. I did see a couple of appitizers, the house made potato chips looked good the Nachos not so much.
I saw other meals and most I was glad I had not ordered. Looked like typical Holiday Inn food for the most part.
Caution – warning breakfast was lousy. The buffet was sparse with only eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes. If you look hard in the corner there was a waffle machine – found too late to try. Poor bread and sweet roll selection.
The bartenders seamed friendly for as busy as they were. The drinks were good and fairly priced. I did finish with a glass of the local wine and found it OK, it was pretty light for a cab but not as sweat as I expected it would be – a good thing in my book. I would go back if I were at the hotel again but mostly because there was nothing else close.

1  Thank rockboyontheroad
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a large group get together on Monday evening (not during football season). It was a business group having a casual get together. The place wasn't too crowded, so it was quiet enough we could easily converse. They were very accommodating having a large table ready for our group when we arrived. Food selections were mostly pretty basic bar fare, but it was pretty good for bar food. Most of the food came out fairly quickly, but two items were missing from the first delivery. They immediately brought a complimentary basket of homemade chips and dip (which was quite tasty) as an apology and so the people who had to wait another 10 minutes for their dinners had something to enjoy while the rest of us started eating. The waiter kept coming back to our table seeing if we needed more drinks and I was pleased with the service overall.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Yep it's a sports bar with standard fare. Too bad they did not have any healthy options on their menu. We made the white fish work, asking for it broiled and got fresh veggies in place of the cooked in butter zucchini they offered. We found the staff very accommodating. It is loud and a bit drafty. Nice pleasant atmosphere.