“Great Food”

Big E's Sports Grill
Ranked #4 of 144 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Description: Big E's Sports Grill is the premier Sports Bar in Midland, MI and has all of the sports action in HD. Big E's boasts a fresh menu featuring the Best Ribs and Burgers, Great Wings (we have meat on our bones)and the Coldest Beer with 28 on tap. Big E's has a wide range of offerings sure to please your taste buds! With the Best Food and TV in the Tri-cities; you've need to be here!
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great Food, Good Sized Portions. Environment is a little noisy but great that there is outdoor seating. Worth the money if looking for an evening out with friends.

Visited June 2012

Edgewood, New Mexico
“Lively place for a hotel restaurant!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I enjoyed a pizza and drink at this very busy establishment. It didn't seem like a hotel restaurant/bar at all - instead it appeared to be a local "watering hole" as we call it in the south. Absolutely give it a try!

Visited March 2013
bflavin, Public Relations Manager at Big E's Sports Grill, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
AnotherNiteOnTheRoad:
On behalf of the management team I would like to thank you for choosing to dine with us at Big E's and for writing us a review. I am glad that you enjoyed our pizza and drink options we have available. Our team appreciates your feedback and are glad to know you enjoyed Midland's local "watering hole". We hope to see you again soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's different and that's what I like about it.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I like the fact that the food is different and they offer new things and different promotional menus all the time. They also have a cask beer system which to my knowledge is the only one around to satisfy all of us beer nerds out there. I'm not sure what the fascination is with everyone bashing the service here as we've always had OK to good service. It's nothing to write home about, but let's be honest, it's definitely not any worse than what you're getting at Applebee's or Bennigan's down the road. The few times that we have had an issue with our order we brought it to the server's attention and either they or the manager took care of it right away. I can say after last week it's definitely a great spot to watch the March Madness games if you don't want to miss a second of the action (and you can skip out of work early like we did!)

• Visited March 2013
“Sad”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Well, I decided to give the place another try and met a friend at Big E's recently on a Tuesday. This place is close to my gym so I really want it to be one of my "go to" places. We arrived less than 5 minutes apart. My friend had orderd a water at the bar & was waiting for me when I arrived. I walked in and sat at the bar. A bartender came over to give my friend the water and asked me what I would like, I needed to look at the drink menu to see what was on tap since I hadn't been here in a few months. After deciding what I would order and waiting an aditional 5+ minutes I decided I would go to the greeters desk to get a food menu since no one had been back to check on us. 5 minutes after getting that menu no bartender had come over yet to talk to me; they were to involved standing by the drink fountain/waitress station and talking to each other and the random wait staff that was standing around. I made eye contact with more than one of the bartenders and yet, no-one came over to talk to us. Also, I saw 4 servers standing around at the entrance to the kitchen, just hanging out and talking to a woman who I assume was the manager based on her clothing. We waited a few minutes longer and finally got up and left. I can not grade the food or value in this review since I never got to order anything.

We went to a nearby competitor and got STELLAR service.

Big E's management: You NEED to focus your people on better service. I was in your establishment aprox. 20 minutes WAITING. Never ordered a single thing, and ended up leaving a little ticked off.

• Visited March 2013
68abc,
On behalf of our management team I would like to thank you for choosing to dine at Big E's Sports Grill. With that said, I apologize for the service issues you encountered during your visits. Our staff prides themselves on providing every guest with the best possible experience while they dine at our establishment. Our management team will be sure to look more into the issues that you epxeriecned with us. I would love to rectify and make this situation right in your eyes so if you could please email bflavin@suburbaninns.com I will be more than willing to help get this corrected. Again, on behalf of our team, I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and we hope you choose to dine with us again in the future. Have a great day!
Flint, Michigan, United States
“Awesome Place!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place is always a fun place to go. Whether you go for food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) or drinks, it's always a good time. Food is great! I'm a big fan of trying new beers, and Big E's is definitely the spot for that. Every 3 months they have a new brewery distribute beers to the restaurant and they're all beers that I've never heard of before so it's really exciting to be able to try them. Their selection of Vodkas is unbelievable (flavors, brands, etc.). Overall, this place is definitely a place I like to go. All the staff is really cool, servers, bartenders, everyone. So whether you sit at the bar or a table, you can't complain. And if your favorite team is playing, you'll be able to see it from wherever you sit. Awesome Place! 5 out of 5.

• Visited February 2013