“Sad” 1 of 5 bubbles

Big E's Sports Grill
Ranked #5 of 141 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Big E's Sports Grill is the premier Sports Bar in Midland, MI and has all of the sports action in HD. Big E's boasts a fresh menu featuring the Best Ribs and Burgers, Great Wings (we have meat on our bones)and the Coldest Beer with 28 on tap. Big E's has a wide range of offerings sure to please your taste buds! With the Best Food and TV in the Tri-cities; you've need to be here!
Midland, Michigan
“Sad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Well, I decided to give the place another try and met a friend at Big E's recently on a Tuesday. This place is close to my gym so I really want it to be one of my "go to" places. We arrived less than 5 minutes apart. My friend had orderd a water at the bar & was waiting for me when I arrived. I walked in and sat at the bar. A bartender came over to give my friend the water and asked me what I would like, I needed to look at the drink menu to see what was on tap since I hadn't been here in a few months. After deciding what I would order and waiting an aditional 5+ minutes I decided I would go to the greeters desk to get a food menu since no one had been back to check on us. 5 minutes after getting that menu no bartender had come over yet to talk to me; they were to involved standing by the drink fountain/waitress station and talking to each other and the random wait staff that was standing around. I made eye contact with more than one of the bartenders and yet, no-one came over to talk to us. Also, I saw 4 servers standing around at the entrance to the kitchen, just hanging out and talking to a woman who I assume was the manager based on her clothing. We waited a few minutes longer and finally got up and left. I can not grade the food or value in this review since I never got to order anything.

We went to a nearby competitor and got STELLAR service.

Big E's management: You NEED to focus your people on better service. I was in your establishment aprox. 20 minutes WAITING. Never ordered a single thing, and ended up leaving a little ticked off.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
bflavin, Public Relations Manager at Big E's Sports Grill, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
68abc,
On behalf of our management team I would like to thank you for choosing to dine at Big E's Sports Grill. With that said, I apologize for the service issues you encountered during your visits. Our staff prides themselves on providing every guest with the best possible experience while they dine at our establishment. Our management team will be sure to look more into the issues that you epxeriecned with us. I would love to rectify and make this situation right in your eyes so if you could please email bflavin@suburbaninns.com I will be more than willing to help get this corrected. Again, on behalf of our team, I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and we hope you choose to dine with us again in the future. Have a great day!

Flint, Michigan, United States
“Awesome Place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place is always a fun place to go. Whether you go for food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) or drinks, it's always a good time. Food is great! I'm a big fan of trying new beers, and Big E's is definitely the spot for that. Every 3 months they have a new brewery distribute beers to the restaurant and they're all beers that I've never heard of before so it's really exciting to be able to try them. Their selection of Vodkas is unbelievable (flavors, brands, etc.). Overall, this place is definitely a place I like to go. All the staff is really cool, servers, bartenders, everyone. So whether you sit at the bar or a table, you can't complain. And if your favorite team is playing, you'll be able to see it from wherever you sit. Awesome Place! 5 out of 5.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank iamberzerk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beer Selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great beer selection from draft to bottled beer. The food is what you would expect for a sports bar. The service can be slow at times.

1 Thank Ttaxtell
bflavin, Communications Director at Big E's Sports Grill, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Ttaxtell,
We would like to thank you for dining with us and taking the time to leave your review about your most recent visit to Big E's. We would like to apologize that the service can be slow at times but, we will be continuing to work on better and more effective ways to speed up our service times. Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Burlington, New Jersey
“good beers, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Big E's has an extensive beer list and tenders that are knowledgeable about the choices. This place is always hoppin' - must be the happening spot in Midland because both vistors staying at the Holiday Inn and locals are in attendance. Menu has some good selections - I had the spinach salad, Buffalo wings, and pretzel sticks. All were good.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jamie P
“Nice place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We had drinks and dinner there last night. We had a very nice time. Our waitress, Jordan, was fantastic. She was attentive and didn't rush us as it got busy. I love beer, so place with many, many choices was a nice change. Although I'm not a fan of Ann Arbor Brewing I was easily able to choose beers that I do like. Can't get Shiner Bock or 312 at home on tap, so that was great. Oh yeah, the Thin Mint martini was also pretty awesome!!

1 Thank John D