“Wow! This is eating!”
Review of Cafe Zinc

Cafe Zinc
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Zinc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Wow! This is eating!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Delicious, inventive menu; excellent waitstaff and a beautiful location right on main street. Perfect place for a lovely Saturday morning breakfast. Try the French toast!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Paula C

Midland, Michigan
“Be Fearless!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Cafe Zinc is my #1 favorite of mine - for atmosphere, food, value. For breakfast I especially like the egg & veggie skillets, the eggs benedict and the oatmeal with fresh fruit and nuts. Don't walk away without sampling a pastry!

Dinner is especially delightful and I've found my favorite dishes have been the daily specials - especially for fish or scallops. Quite often these specials have names and items I've never heard of before, but the staff is always quick to explain and i've just learned to 'trust the chef'. I have not been disappointed. This last time I had the sea bass special with pesto, roasted vegetables and fingerling potatoes - i could not get enough of it! Fantastic. I also was fortunate enough to sample my husband's steak au poivre which was amazing. We were simply too full for dessert this time, but plan to go back soon for my hubby's favorite - creme brulee and for me to once again let the chef tell me what's best that night while I sip on a espresso drink. I can't wait.

The porch is very comfortable and enjoyable on a warm to cool night (there are heaters) - just make sure it's not a buggy evening.

• Visited July 2014
Oscoda, Michigan
“A little gem in Midland”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a great dining experience out on the deck. Our service was friendly and very helpful. The food was well above average. My husband had the special which was a lamb and bison "stew". The lamb was a little gamey for our taste but my steal dish was yummy. They had a nice beer selection. This restaurant is a nice treat in a part of the state where there aren't a lot of fine dining experiences. I will definitely go again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quality Personified”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

It had been two years since my last visit. Food, service and decor were still top notch. Finally get to review this place.

Stopped in on a Sunday. Greeted warmly. Took a little while get acknowledged by a wait staff but once did she was pleasant. Not sure if maybe she was new or what but she forgot to bring bread and made no mention of that days specials. Summoned the Manager and asked for bread. Over heard the specials from another server at another table. However, service was excellent.
Ordered the quiche, was fresh, warm and at least 1 inch of creamy rich custard on top of ham and onions. The crust was flaky and light. The bread served was soft dark and loaded with sunflower seeds and a slice of French baguette. Both were very good! The side salad served with the meal was fresh and loaded with carrots, sweet cherry tomatoes and a nice array of mixed greens.

Atmosphere was very pleasant and comfortable. White leather chairs, wood table tops, soft wide planked wood floors. Lighting is two large platinum wire mesh half globes with spot lighting in a platinum tin ceiling. The rooms is very fresh and warm, if one could believe that with all the white and crystal glasses.

Overall: Look forward to my next visit in the future.

Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States
“Porch Dining”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Cafe Zinc has a great porch for dining on a lovely afternoon or evening. My husband loved the Pad Thai for a late Sunday afternoon lunch. I had the chicken and spinach flatbread which was like a salad heaped on top of hummus covered bread. It tasted fine but I was not looking for a salad at that time. The gnocchi soup was wonderful...highly recommended. They have a great wine list and feature Michigan beers. The restaurant is trying to be both relaxed and upscale...relaxed outside, upscale inside. Pick your attire accordingly!

Visited June 2014