“Expensive, but worth it”
Review of Cafe Zinc

Cafe Zinc
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Zinc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Unlike any other restaurant around... Hip and fancy at the same time. Breakfast is much cheaper but also amazing

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were staying in the H Hotel (in which the Cafe is located), so eating at the Cafe Zinc was extremely convenient. We looked online at their menu, and it sounded good, so we gave it a try. We also had an H Hotel packge for free breakfast in the Cafe, so we wound up eating here for four meals over two days.

I should say we were most impressed with the service. The waitstaff were very attentive, immediately took care of us, and eve slipped our four-year-old daughter a few extras that she really appreciated (enough that she cited eating at the Cafe as her favorite experience from the trip, outranking even swimming the hotel pool, which is a pretty high level of approval).

We had a mix of salads and appetizers for dinner, skipping the mains. The mains seemed to be on the expensive side, but since we didn't actually have any, that's probably an unfair comment.

The food was generally very good. They had a great steak tartare, which I'm a sucker for, and is hard to find, so right off that's a big plus. The mushroom caps and shrimp croquettes were great. My wife loved the beet salad (I thought it was a little too beet-y); I loved the bulgogi salad (my wife thought it was a little too salty); we both liked the Bibb lettuce, which was plain but well-balanced. Probably the only miss was the pate, which was OK, but nothing special.

For breakfast, I had a wonderful eggs benedict one day and smoked fish the next; my wife had an awesome egg roulade and an (unfortunately somewhat dry) pancake stack. My daughter's pancakes were perfect, though, so overall that's a win.

Finally, I should note that, from what we saw online, we were a little hesitant to eat here with a four-year-old. Although she's generlly well-behaved, the Cafe Zinc looked like a more "grown-up" establishment than we normally go to. However, what we missed is that they explicitly have a kid's menu, as well as crayons and things for the youngsters (and the attentive waitstaff!), so it worked out well.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Have come here often for breakfast, but just went for dinner for the first time in a long time, and still so impressed! We had a salmon special and before I even got to the salmon the carrots and mashed potatoes alone almost floored me. The food here is on a whole different level from any other place nearby! Outstanding!~\

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant is fabulous and delicious! We come here often for breakfast and bring friends and family to it! We have enjoyed breakfasts and dinner here. The atmosphere is very quaint and the selection of food is great for all tastes. The pastries and bread are delicious! They even have a fantastic "make your own" custom Bloody Mary's to enjoy! That was a lot of fun! They have great iced coffee drinks, and for one that doesn't drink hot coffee, they make a great mix that are really worth it. The service is great and very attentive all the times we have visited. We will be back for more!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I highly recommend Cafe Zinc. The atmosphere is great. The food is wonderful. The service is outstanding. My husband and I visit whenever we are in Midland. I also highly recommend there lattes, which you can stop in and take to go if you are not eating there. The coffee at Cafe Zinc is SO MUCH better than the other coffee shops in town.

Been to Cafe Zinc? Share your experiences!