Tripadvisor

“first time here”

Lucky’s Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 157 Restaurants in Midland
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

did lunch. had filet mignon and ny strip. did not like all the juices on the plate surrounding my side. potato was cold. soup was very good. like the ambience and décor. server not too friendly. would rather eat steak at texas roadhouse or logans.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (90)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I ordered a steak dinner. My sirloin my over cook. My baked sweet potato was cold. The butter they put in it was melted all over my plate.So that tells me it had been sitting under the lights for awhile. My husband fish was hot and good. That is why I didnt grade it lower.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

Family meal out.

Visiting the US for Christmas and we’d decided to take everyone out for dinner.

The food was excellent and the waitress was working her socks off. That said the service was slow and not what I expect in the US. Virginia has too many covers and was struggling with the volume of customers. We waited for our drinks and I had to ask again for them. They ran out of ice cream so we ended up sharing out deserts. Fortunately portion sizes meant everyone got some but the kids did not necessarily want to share with each other - good life lesson for them :-).

I’d think twice before going back though as the food and staff were great I didn’t feel we got value for money.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank davidrsrogers
Reviewed December 14, 2019

They take NO reservations unless you have more than 11 people, so often you wait in line for a table, because the food is great here and normally the service is great also. Their Martini's are just OK, , but I enjoy them when I go there. The Carrot Cake we had for dessert was enough to be shared by us all. There was 7 of us and we all enjoyed our 3 appetizers and our steaks and prime rib. My husband had just signed the credit card for almost $300.00 when the manager found her way to our table with the agenda of making us move instantly. Her NOT SO NICE ATTITUDE and her words telling us there was room in the bar if we wanted to stay but they needed our table. 2 in our party were still drinking their wine. I totally understand if we were hanging out at the table for 15 min or more, , but that is not what happened. Of course their was a line waiting for tables. . but honestly. . WE adjusted OUR schedule and arrived 20 min. after they opened so we didn't have to wait in line, so we could enjoy our meal and company, but the MANAGER didn't leave us with a good feeling at all. Sorry people who were waiting for a table, but guess what, next to us was an empty table not even set up yet. I WILL NOT be eating at this LUCKY's again, , I will take my business to BAY CITY.
There is too many places for me to spend my money and I like to be treated with respect when I do so.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 26, 2019

We frequent Lucky's quite a bit because they just have good food! Service is usually good but have never ever had a meal that was disappointing. The Salmon is spectacular and their steaks are excellent!

Date of visit: November 2019