“Dinner”

Moose Drop Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Michigamme
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Moose Drop Inn opened its doors on June 1, 2012. From the first day we have been committed to making the best pizza in the UP. If you are looking for something other than Pizza we make Soups, Subs, Salads, and Deserts, or try one of our weekly specials. We are a casual dining, counter service restaurant. All menu items can be ordered for take-out. We are the only restaurant in the UP making sourdough crust fresh daily. Our sourdough starter has been aged for 17 years. We take pride in the quality of our food. In order to give you the best we can; your food is prepared when you order, using the freshest ingredients we can serve. We make our dough, desserts, soups, sauces, etc. from scratch. We slice, cut and chop all the fruits, cheese, vegetables, and meat in house. We hope you enjoy your meal and we know you’ll be able to taste the difference.
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Excellent pizza worth the wait for the place to open. It's limited days and hours so you might want to check before you go

Reviewed July 27, 2017

Good Soups, sandwiches and pizza. The thin crust sour dough is a special treat. You can even read about the actual Moose Drop while you are waiting for your order. Eat in, outside or take out. It's your choice.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

Food was delicious but the whole system is weird. Order at counter, pay, get own water from a small canister. The sign said dinner 430 - Close and I didn't hink it meant it would take that long. The women cooked up some good food...but it was soooooooo slow. Now, it was vacation and I wasn't suppose to be in a hurry, but I had to be back to Marquette in a couple hours...and this greatly cut into my time. SO if you have no plans after dinner, stop in and enjoy...otherwise go to Marquette and have a Pasty. I had a supreme pizza which was good, my wife had pesto chicken sandwich was really good.

Kelly O, Manager at Moose Drop Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

We are very glad you enjoyed your food we work hard to ensure quality and taste. We are a small restaurant in the middle of no where, as such, we do not have the volume of business you will find in Marquette. For this reason we can not afford the staffing levels of a place with a consistent and predictable clientele. Sorry if you felt your wait was too long, as I recall you were one of 7 orders that came in at the same time 6:15 pm. Had you been slightly earlier or later you would have been served much quicker.

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I ordered subs--Italian and chicken pesto--with pasta salad as a side. Delicious and filling, along with friendly staff.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

For being pretty much the game in town, they serve very good pizza. It's thin crust, crisp bottom, and very tasty. If you are passing through, this is a great stop for lunch or dinner.

2  Thank Ashley M