“Consistently good food and friendly service”

Greg's Pizza Co & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Metamora
Cuisines: Pizza
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Consistently good food and friendly service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have been here many times over the years, and this was my third visit this year. They consistently have friendly and attentive staff. They usually provide free home-made bread with full garlic cloves baked right into it and a tasty garlic butter on the top crust. It is delicious and served warm and soft. They have some great all you can eat specials on a weekly basis that are reasonable (Ribs, fish, etc.). Everything I have had there has been good, and they are happy to do substitutes such as a baked sweet potato instead of fries.

• Visited May 2014

Metamora, Michigan
“Happy Returning Customer”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Always have good RIBS and many other items. I like the fact that they have Cow Liver on the menu. Very tasty and served just right.

Greg's restaurant is just like CHEER's on TV a nice local restaurant with an established clientel.

Visited August 2013
Michigan
“Mixed review”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Eating out is a big splurge for us right now, so I was hoping to love Greg's. Our experience was just OK.

I ordered the New Orleans burger (I think that's what it was called) with bleu cheese, and I asked to add crispy bacon. The bacon was fairly crispy, but my burger (cooked medium done) was sadly a dry, thick lump of ground beef with no flavor or moistness.The fries were surprisingly bad too--just bland and kind of cold, without any crispness to them. Salt didn't help either. My order came with a small side of coleslaw, but again, it had very little flavor. Weird.

We ordered breadsticks, because I'd read those were great, and they were. Definitely worth $4 for the large order. The cream cheese dip was pretty good, although I was surprised it didn't have any pronounced flavor such as garlic. Still a good combination though. They were very hot, crisp on the outside with a yummy buttery parmesan crunch, and tender on the inside. SOOO good!

We went on a Thursday, which is all-you-can-eat ribs night, a good deal for $12. My son ordered those and enjoyed them. He said while they weren't the top ribs he'd ever had, they were very good. The first plate was a good size, then they'll bring you six more at a time if you can find a waitress to bring them. His order included a bigger portion of the slaw and a choice of potatoes. His ranch fries didn't have any flavor either.

Other orders at our table included fish and chips--these looked pretty good. Also a chicken wet burrito, which looked delicious. It was surrounded by a bunch of chips and lettuce and tomatoes and seemed pretty flavorful. My brother was disappointed, though, that the Chicken Monterey he'd hoped to have was really expensive, considering the ingredients are so cheap compared to other items, so he didn't order it.

The service was kind of bland too. I don't expect backflips but I do expect friendliness. Our waitress wasn't rude or anything, but I don't think she smiled at all and I don't recall her asking how our food was. She was cleaning the board when my son was looking for a refill on ribs (he only requested one refill); I'm not sure if Greg's was just short on staff or if she's not yet versed in putting customers first. Our waitress did get our order right, though, and the bill was correct.

Overall, I'd go back and get the wet burrito and breadsticks if I was in the area, really hungry and didn't have concerns about spending money in restaurants. I'd also go back on a Thursday night if we had several people who really wanted the ribs.

I wouldn't go back for any sort of special occasion, a splurge, or if I we were really looking forward to a tasty meal.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank eliewriter
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Get the breadsticks”
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

This place has been around for a while. It's in a strip mall type location. The inside is a bit dingy. These can be some of the best restaurants. This place is fantastic. My family loves the breadsticks. I could order several dozen and we still don't have enough. Much of their other food is great too, but those breadsticks are amazing. Whenever we are home visiting, we have to visit Greg's. We live in Pennsylvania now and there is no such thing as breadsticks and cream cheese dipping sauce. We try to get our fill whenever we are home.

Oxford, Michigan
“Ribs at their best”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Every Thursday, Greg's offers all you can eat Spare Ribs for $12.00. The atmosphere is friendly with locals who make it a regular place to eat. The service and food are great.

• Visited January 2012