“Best Mac and Cheese around”
Review of High Street Eatery - CLOSED

High Street Eatery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The tidiest little eatery I've been to. The mac and cheese is worth the trip alone; with some of the best bread and you will be very content. Salads are good to and they have specials everyday. The sandwiches are a little bit dry so slather on the mayo, or whatever floats your boat. Little on the pricey side but worth the money.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We frequent high street often. The sandwiches are my favorite, you can't go wrong with any one you choose. I have had dinner there twice and both times, I was very satisfied.
People have mentioned the price, I think the prices are good. You are paying for a fresh quality meal. If you wanted to pay lower, there are other restaurants to save a couple of bucks, but you won't get the excellent quality. We love this place!

3  Thank Mnl08
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Been to High Street several times for lunch / early dinner. Great sandwiches on fresh made bread washed down with a craft beer. Plan on $15 per person, but food is five-star, food comes out very quickly, and place is small enough that it remains quiet. Have not been there for full dinners. White Horse (once completed) will only be able to compete if price points are lower.

2  Thank TILLEMJ
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Mark, our Chef is worth his weight in gold. Very talented in his delivery of a gourmet experience in a Metamora community interpretative form. A real Gem, five stars. Thank You...delightful! Jerry and Polly from West Bloomfield.

3  Thank HenryAte
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My travels bring me to this area fairly routinely, and we've eaten at High Street Eatery on a few occasions now.

I struggled with the rating, and decided on "Very Good" as opposed to "Average" for one reason only: now that the White Horse is out of business, High Street Eatery is really the only option for sit down dining in downtown Metamora.

We've not yet gone for dinner, but have tried nearly every sandwich on the menu at lunchtime. Both The Goat (chicken, bacon, goat cheese and pesto) and The Bird (turkey, avocado, peppers, mayo) are yummy but a bit dry. The Cow (prime rib, swiss cheese, horseradish) and The Red, White and Bleu grilled cheese (tomato, mozzarella and bleu cheese) are both scrumptious!

We were excited on our most recent visits to see that they now have a liquor license, and enjoyed sitting on the porch enjoying an adult beverage while waiting for our meals to arrive.

The website claims to offer "gourmet meals (they're good--but gourmet might be a stretch) made with quality ingredients (agreed) at an affordable price "(The last time we visited, all sandwiches were around $10 each, which is affordable by Chicago standards, not Metamora. I think the restaurant is a bit over priced for what you receive.)

My last (little) beef is one of semantics. They sell a Chicago style hot dog, which I have not ordered but based on the menu narrative bears absolutely no resemblance to our beloved local hot dogs. While I'm sure it's delicious, they really shouldn't call it a Chicago dog.

Short story: good but pricey food, slow but attentive service, nice atmosphere and really the only game in downtown Metamora for a sit down meal at this time.

Worth a visit.