“Stay Here. Period.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge On the Bay
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Menominee
“Stay Here. Period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff and management bent over backwards to help me out of a problem. the room and public are are immaculate and I would stay no place else if I am ever here again. Thank you so much for your help and the pleasant manner in which you delivered it.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tom1948

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was a nice property. Didn't spend much time here besides sleeping after the fireworks for the waterfront festival, but was never bothered by noise. WIFI was sketchy, ended up having to tether the computer to my smartphone to be able to use any internet. The hotel is conveniently located to Perkins and Schlagels restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This place appeared to be brand spankin new! The whole facility was clean and well maintained. n our room, the sink, tub and toilet were all in one room. I especially appreciated this when I went to bed early. My husband could get ready for bed without waking me up! :^) There was a surprisingly well-equipped fitness room with a sauna. The little deck at the back of the property has a beautiful view of Green Bay. We didn't stay for breakfast. It was probably the weakest feature of our visit. The space they have set aside for breakfast is nice and roomy, but the food options were very limited. I don't know if the menu is a local or corporate decision, but is probably easily remedied.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
West Des Moines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The room was clean and simple. We had 2 Queen beds, no microwave or refrigerator. Breakfast was lame, we had a glass of juice and a yogurt. Pastries were the packaged ones. The bathroom sink was outside of the toilet/tub room, which was convenient. The motel backs up to the bay of Green Bay; it has a rocky shoreline here, and there is a deck behind the parking lot along the shore. Our pillows and mattresses were rather uncomfortable. I had requested a no-smoking room (and I believe the whole motel is no-smoking), but our room was above a designated smoking area so it constantly smelled of smoke. The area designated for smoking is right outside of the side door! Also, my daughter is hard-of-hearing so we need closed-captioning on the TV, and the closed-captioning didn't work. Trains went by at 10:30 pm, 2:30 am and 5:30 am.

Room Tip: If smoke bothers you, ask for a room away from the side door. Designated smoking area is just outsi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is a great place to stop for a night between northern and southern destinations. We purposely booked this motel in advance as we were traveling through the U.P. on our way to Door County. I paid a little more for a room with a bay view and it was worth it. The room was clean and efficient. We really enjoyed sitting on their deck at the back of their property overlooking Green Bay. The only disappointment was the meager breakfast that they offered. I would still recommend this to other travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michman1300
Antigo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

My wife and I, along with our four month old daughter stayed here over Easter weekend this year while visiting family in Marinette, Wisconsin.
Upon checking in, we were offered an upgrade to a nicer room (It pays to join Choice Rewards) and were happy to find that we were given the Honeymoon Suite.
The Honeymoon Suite turned out to be a very spacious room with a King size bed, sofa, table with two chairs, a computer desk, a fireplace, and a two person whirlpool tub. The bathroom was huge as well with all the usual amenities.
The continental breakfast was the basic free breakfast, but was good none-the-less.
Prior to breakfast, I took a walk out back by the deck they have overlooking the bay of Green Bay, and was treated to a breathtaking sunrise. I have added a picture below.

Overall I would have to say that this is the best EconoLodge I have ever stayed at. I would highly recommend it to anyone needing a play to stay in Menominee, Michigan.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms give you the chance to catch a breath taking sunrise over the bay of Green Bay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank coryprice8
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

My only gripe is the safe charge. Yes, the old scam where you have to ask, not at check in, but in the morning for the charge to be removed. Since I was cashing in my bonus points, I did not lower my rating, but otherwise I would be tempted. Nice people, good breakfast for an Econo Lodge (usually much less to have), wonderful location right on the shore of the Lake. Rooms clean and beds comfy for me. Even at the dollar rate I would have been thrilled.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Lake with a view are the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menominee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette
Quality Inn & Suites Marinette
BEST WESTERN Riverfront Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort

Been to Econo Lodge On the Bay? Share your experiences!