“Best Econo Lodge ever!”

Econo Lodge On the Bay
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Menominee
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I needed a CHEAP room and Econo Lodge generally fulfills that goal. But they are often not the nicest of places. This particular Econo Lodge really broke that stereotype! It was clean, smelled good, had safe parking, and the staff were super friendly. The hotel is actually on the shores of Lake Michigan and some of the rooms have a view. Lake views from an EconoLodge!? Yep.

Bathroom was clean and well lit and the shower had great water pressure. Bed was clean and seemed new. It was high quality, too, and I got a great nights sleep. A/C worked well (I was there in early Sept and it was still warm in the area.) Carpet and furnishings were in good condition and the hotel itself looked well maintained.

I gave this place 5 circles because it was the best Econo Lodge I've ever seen. I've paid twice as much for fancier rooms that couldn't match this place. To top it off, the staff treated me like a valued customer and genuinely seemed interested in my business. It's like a little secret gem in the small town of Menominee, MI!

Room Tip: Ask for a "lake view room" when you book. You might get lucky!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Frog4aday

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I had to stay here for work and it was very hospitable and the staff are nice. I did call because of some kid playing loud music with bass thumping and the front desk took care of it. I HIGHLY recommend Schoegel's just a block down the road YOU WILL NOT BE disappointed and I loved the country fried steak. After a long day of work and you go to eat there, the lake has it's way of calming you

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KittyHawkOrdy
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed here on the way home from Oshkosh. looking for an inexpensive place to stay. Never had good luck with Econo lodge before but this one is a gem, The name implies cheap well the rate was but that's all, clean, nice decor very helpful and friendly staff and WHAT A VIEW!
We will stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed here using points. We were a little hesitant based on the 1 1/2 star rating on trip advisor, but, frankly, Econo Lodge was robbed. We generally stay in 3 or 4 star hotels at minimum so were a little nervous with this choice. We did not regret it. The staff was extremely friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable. Only thing that was less than we expected was the "breakfast" selection which was basically limited to toast, pastries, and cereals but then, again, it was included in the room rate. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Pretty clean, but the A/C had a slight smell. Bed was OK, I slept fine for my 2 nights here. I would ask for a room facing the lake if I stayed there again. The Landing restaurant in Downtown Menominee is fantastic and the Menominee river has pretty good fishing down by the dam. I had to be up there for work and the econolodge worked out just fine.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stopped here for one night on our way to Mackinac Island from Chicago. We checked in late at night and it wasn't a problem at all. The gentleman at the front desk couldn't have been nicer - he had everything all set for us to check in and we were in my room within 5 minutes of arriving. The room was nice and big. Everything was perfectly clean and looked brand new - even including the carpet and bedding! The bathroom was big and everything was spotless! The location is nice because it's right on a main road and it's close to a variety of places to eat. We used express checkout and it couldn't have been quicker - we just left the key in our room when we left. It's the perfect place to stop on the way from Chicago to Mackinac Island, and I would stop here again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We drove down Milwaukee for my daughters cardiology visit. This time we had to stop because of a terrible storm. So we stopped at the first hotel in Menominee, which happened to be Econo Lodge. The staff encouraged us to get a suite and since it wasn't to much more ($80.00) we did. Nice hot tub and clean room. The morning when we got going out to the car we saw a eagle on the edge of the ice just on the bay. how cool! I never noticed this hotel before and we have driven this trip for the last 8 years. Hidden little hotel yet right on the highway. nice

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank LilBit1977
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menominee
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette
Quality Inn & Suites Marinette
Best Western Riverfront Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette
The Ashbrooke
The Ashbrooke
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Econo Lodge On the Bay? Share your experiences!