“Great place for seniors”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Menominee
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I took my elderly dad and his lady friend here for a couple of days. I liked that they had a nice hot breakfast with waffles, eggs and sausage. We didn't have to drive far to get to any place, it was easy to find in a nice area of town. The indoor pool and hot tub was perfect for a rainy day. We stayed in a patio room with a view of the water. They had a fridge and micro, also a coffee pot. This made them feel at home. We took a drive up the lake road and found nice scenery in the many parks along the way. If you have seniors who like to take it a little esier, I suggest this place for their comfort.

Room Tip: Patio rooms are nicer to sit out and watch the water. There is a table and two chairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ManagementMenominee, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful photos! We are so glad that they enjoyed the nice peaceful lake views from their own private patio! Their smiles tell us they had a great time! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great welcome, friendly helpful staff a real asset. Perkins restaurant next door with bar facility. Best breakfast of any hotel I stayed in. Sitting area warm and comfortable. some aspects of the room looking a little tired next to the Traverse City one but as good or better than most motel I stayed in. Well done AmericInn for producing a recipe that works and most of all for selecting and training great staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Really just passing through and didn't expect much. We were pleasantly surprised at the service and comfort. The location right in the water was exceptional. We were hired from driving and decided to just stay in for dinner. Staff recommended a local pizza place that delivered right to the room. It was perfect. Also with breakfast, there was a good variety with some healthier options.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Used this as a stopover on my way to Sturgeon Bay, and it more than served its purpose. Looks pretty new, is well maintained, had a real big room, slept perfectly well in the comfortable beds, and even the location was ok. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was ok, nice place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I go for clean and quiet n a motel room. This is it. No hallway, outside or next door room noise. Great nights sleep. Front desk very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is the norm. Room nice size and clean. Great stay

• Stayed: September 2013
ManagementMenominee, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We are pleased to know that your stay was perfect! Our location combined with the cleanliness and excellent service are one of the areas best! Many guests like you have discovered, or are discovering our "treasure" on lake Michigan! Our first time guests often come back again and again! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a large room, with a large king size bed. The bed was very comfortable. Almost lost my wife in it, it was so big. The room was very clean, and I am a clean freak. The continental breakfast was very good. Had a lot to offer. the waffles were awesome. If you left hungry it was your own fault. The staff went out of their way to make sure every thing was in order. Had great pictures of boats in the lobby. Wish I could have taken some home with me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go on a road trip with the idea of traveling up in this direction, but had no definite plans. Once we arrived in Menominee, we decided to stay here because it was so beautiful. We asked around about hotels and the locals said AmericInn, so we called up and asked if they had rooms available. The front desk lady was very helpful and polite and held a room until we could arrive. We were greeted and taken care of right away. Once we got to our room (111) we were surprised to see a Jacuzzi tub! The room was a very nice size, clean, and had a slight view of the water. The breakfast was more than most hotels offer. He made a mcmuffin sandwich and I made a Belgian waffle! There was plenty of different coffees, milks, and juice selections as well. The only thing I can complain about was the water pressure in the shower. It took me forever to wash my hair. I have thick curly hair, but my boyfriend also made a comment about lack of pressure too. Other than that, I would definitely come back again and again. Good value for the room ($89 plus tax) and saved money with not having to buy breakfast! Thanks for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menominee
3 mi away
Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette
Best Western Maritime Inn
Best Western Maritime Inn
#5 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee? Share your experiences!