“Great Thai!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wisconsin
“Great Thai!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you think a small town can't have good Thai food - think again. I lived in San Francisco and this Thai food is better than any place I tried out there. Excellent! The hot is hot! So take care when ordering!

2 Thank badgerfan07

Madison, Wisconsin
“Perfect for a Friday fish fry.”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a place we went all the time when I was a kid. Now that I have kids I like to take them for a fish fry when we're in town on a Friday. The food is service is very good.

1 Thank RHK60859
Newport, Oregon
“Good Thai found where least expected”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This unassuming, and uncreatively named, bistro is quite nice. No need to worry about having all those garish Asain decorations found in most urban Thai restaurants, this place focuses solely on the food and does so with authenticity. I shared the fried mix appetizer and frankly don't know what was what, but it all tasted good, especially with the three provided dipping sauces. My entre was the hot garlic beef, which I asked to be served "Hot minus". Initally, I asked for hot, but was thankfully warned that Hot is REALLY Hot! That's typical of any Thai restaurant elsewhere in the country, but I'd incorrectly assumed that a Thai restaurant here in cheese-land might be tempered down a bit. No, they offer mouth-seering, eye-watering, zim-zimmy hot, Hot, HOT if that's what you're looking for! As it was, my hot-minus order was spot on - just enough of that tasty Thai pepper burn to force me through an entire carafe of water, but no residual burn after the meal was done.

1 Thank KWRtheRed
Marinette, Wisconsin
“Great Thai in the UP?! You Bet!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I never really ate Thai food before I ate from Thai Cuisine so they kind of set my palate. Since then I have eaten at many Thai restaurants, including what was purportedly “The Best” Thai place in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area; none of them are better than Thai Cuisine. Don’t expect cheap eats, but do expect to get what you pay for. Everything I have had from the place is excellent; especially the Devil dishes (try the Devil catfish, not to be missed). We always order an additional container of sticky-rice because we always have leftovers. Hard to believe that this place is in little ‘ole Menominee, MI. If you are thinking about eating in, don’t expect much! The décor is pretty marginal, but homey in a well-worn sort of way. Do, however, expect to get excellent, authentic Thai food as good as anything you will find in major metro areas.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank DrK1978
Oneonta, New York
“Where's the Thai?”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I practically fainted when I discovered there was a Thai restaurant in the Marinette area. I found myself daydreaming about finally finding some great food when we visit. Alas, it was only a dream. The service was very slow, and a little curt, but my priority is the food, so I waited and asked my waitress what she recommended. She assured me the owner was from Thailand and anything I ordered would be the best I ever had. So I ordered my usual when I first try a Thai place, seafood green curry and pad thai. I was informed that it was called pot thai, so that's what I got.

The meal took a LONG time to arrive, and I knew immediately that I was going to be disappointed. There was nothing distinctively Thai in either dish. The vegetables were big chunks of broccoli, carrot, some mushroom, and a few bamboo shoots. There were four shrimp and a couple pieces of clam, and the sauce was the color of beef bouillon. The POT thai amounted to rice noodles with what looked like chunky peanut butter on them.

So I tried the curry. It was very spicy, but other than that, it bared no resemblance to any Thai curry I've ever had. There was a hint of green curry flavor, but almost no coconut, or any other flavor for that matter. The few shrimp were over cooked. The rice was under cooked. The pot thai had no tamarind flavor at all. The portions were small, but what does that matter when the food isn't edible? I asked the waitress if there was a new cook or something, because the food was not good. She became very defensive and told me the owner was the cook. I told her I was from NY, and this was nothing like any Thai food I'd ever had. Her response was that the owner was from Thailand, so I just don't know what real Thai food was supposed to taste like. So, needless to say, I have no need to go back. It was also quite expensive, even if the food had been good.

If you really enjoy Thai food, don't bother going here. It's a waste of money and time.

Visited November 2011