“View of the lake is Awesome and the staff even better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schloegel's Bay View Restaurant

Schloegel's Bay View Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Menominee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Est.1968-Family comfort food with "Daily Features". Fresh local produce in season, freshly ground beef & whitefish. Kids menu and gluten free options. Patio seating (pet friendly). 4am baking on primes. * Voted "Best of the best- Family Restaurant, lunch, salad, soup, breakfast & "- Eagleherald * Voted "Best Off Course Dining"- Midwest Golf Magazine * Featured in Midwest Living Magazine- Old fashion cabbage soup with smoked sausage and warm apple cake with lemon sauce.
Phoenix, Arizona
“View of the lake is Awesome and the staff even better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is a cool restaurant next to the lake with all seats have a nice view. The waitresses are incredibly friendly and attentive. The food is great, like home cooked food ! The "wurst" Dinner is a meal here, which is must to have .. very good !!

Barron, Wisconsin
“What a View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

So enjoyable to have a great view across the Bay and make out Door county. Food was great too, my wife, a Swede, of course had the Swedish pancakes and lindenberry surup. It was the evening before our 59th wedding annv. For an old Coasty, what can I say, water,a gal, and good food, doesn't get any better than that.

West Des Moines
“Excellent food and all tables have a beautiful view of the Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Excellent service; friendly staff; great food; every table has a beautiful view of the Bay! When I return home for a visit I always try to stop here. They have many delicious dishes, but I usually have a Pasty--an upper peninsula specialty!

Visited June 2012
Escanaba
“Much Improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

After my last review, I was contacted by management. They stated that given another chance, I would find things different. One, I like the fact that management takes customers review seriously. I take my reviews seriously. So recently while again travelling through with several friends, I decided to give this restaurant another go. The quality of the food was much improved and I will definitely stop again. Give this restaurant a chance. Management promised things would be better and they definitely were.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
, Owner at Schloegel's Bay View Restaurant, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
So happy you enjoyed your visit :)
Thank You!
Greenville, Wisconsin
“Great resturant with a great view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family and I stopped here on our way home from a weekend in the U.P. for dinner on a sunday evening. I stopped because of other reviews I had read about being a great spot for families. It was Fathers Day and we weren't sure what to expect but the service was excellent. The menu had a nice mix of local favorites and dinner fare. The food was wonderful plus I got a free strawberry shortcake dessert for Fathers Day. A nice touch at the end and boy was it good. Also they had the best strawberry vinegrette I had ever had. Maybe the best vinegrette I ever had and the shared the recipe. I your passing through and are looking for a great meal stop in. I don't think you'll be dissapointed at any time of day!

1 Thank kgenske
The Strawberry Salad is quickly becoming a best seller. Thanks for your comments!
Enjoy the recipe