“Pure Polish”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Detroit, MI
“Pure Polish”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Walking in the door, I felt like I was coming home for dinner. The aromas and decor brought back my family life growing up. The food is traditional Polish fare with no drama added. Pierogis and stuffed cabbage were excellent. The wait staff were old school Polish ladies who made sure we got what we needed without being intrusive or overbearing in attention. Most definitely, I'll be joining my wife for lunch here for many visits.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank sleazyrider

Waterbury, Connecticut
“Great Authentic Polish Food”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

What a meal! Stopped in for lunch on the way to Henry Ford. I was happy it had off street parking right in front of the building. It's like a typical mom & pop diner but Polish food is on the menu. It's a seat yourself lunchenette decorated with polish paintings and decor. The waitress was super attentive, my fathers coffee cup was never less 3/4 full. They have daily fresh made specials and homemade soups. I ordered the combination plate and I just about finished it! It was a huge plate but oh so tasty! The only negative for me was that the pierogies were sweet farmers cheese. I prefer plain but the potato pierogies were great! I would def recommend stopping in and I would def go back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank CosmoKitty79
Westland, Michigan
“Food Like Grandma Used to Make”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

There is nothing pretentious about this place but it draws crowds from all over because of the good Polish food and cooking. The food is tasty and the servings are generous. This is the place to come for comfort food. There are daily specials of soup and entrees plus an extensive menu that includes some American-style foods. Try a Polish combo platter or some potato pancakes. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank pibbotso
Dearborn, Michigan
“Good Polish Food, real Polish workers, good value and service”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

There are other great Polish restaurants in Metro Detroit, but this is the closest to my work and home and I'm not dissappointed here. I even learned that a Polish friend of mine has a father that works here which helps explain why this place seems authentic. I've always had good food and plenty of it. People I have taken there have liked it as well. The place is nothing special inside, but I go there to eat food and since the food is good I'm fine with a bit less atmosphere. Clean and sometimes busy enough for a short wait depending on when you go, I recommend this restaurant to those that want good Polish food in good portions, at a good price, and don't want to travel too far from the Dearborn/Downriver area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DearbornNative
Detroit
“Stop here for great Polish food!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stopped here during lunch break because of reviews. They were SPOT ON! Great homemade food,simple,clean atmosphere, friendly staff.
Had Dill Pickle soup....OUTSTANDING! The Z sandwich....delicious! Can't wat to come back and try more of the menu.

• Visited June 2013