Dunes is a super clean resort. I travel for a living and stay in Marriott and Hilton Hotels and This little hotel was cleaner than many of them. Carpet, walls, linens, windows---all clean and in great repair. From the inside our room looked like new construction. The owners were on site and very helpful and kind. We really wanted a lake view king but they didn't have one when we booked so she put us in a handicap queen on the first floor. Still had a great view of the sunset.
The photos on their website made it look like their beach was small and dingy and after the sand wall there is a drop off. I am including my own photos as this is not true. The beach was 50 steps from our sliding door, much closer than the web photos look. You just cross a driveway (not a road) and a few feet of green lawn. The sand is clean, had volleyball net and benches and swings. The wall is really just a continuation of a boardwalk around silver lake. And if you jump or step down off the wall you are only ankle deep in clear Silver Lake.
If you have to go to Silver Lake (which is not for everyone-think tons of kids activities, happy noisy families, not romance) then this is the best choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four story hotel overlooking Silver Lake and the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Located in the center of town and close to area restaurants and attractions. Only accommodations in Silver Lake that provide a fire alarm system and sprinkler system for your comfort and safety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Dunes Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Waterfront Hotel Mears
- Dunes Waterfront Resort Michigan/Mears