“Fun for all ages!”

Mac Wood's Dune Rides
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Mears
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a 40 minute tour of the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. We have a vehicle that holds about 20 people that goes on a seven mile trail in the dunes. We stop at Lake Michigan or Silver Lake for a few minutes for pictures and to enjoy the view.
Muncie, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun for all ages!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had such a great time. I wish we would have taken the camera, there are opportunities to take pictures...when the driver stops and elaborates on the history of the area. I can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 642SaraD642

Detroit, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FUN FUN FUN for EVERYONE!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first time taking a dune ride and boy did I feel like a little kid riding a roller coaster! The ride was great and our guide, Walter (awesome older man), was funny and very informative. The ride lasts about 40 minutes and you get a chance to hop off and take pictures overlooking Silver Lake. This is great for the whole family! There were people of all ages (toddlers to grandparents) riding in our car and EVERYONE had a blast! We went the day after the 4th of July and we only had to wait about 10-15 minutes.There are 9 cars that are coming and going, so you definitely don't have to wait long. There is also a gift shop for all your memorabilia needs! The cost was very reasonable (only $17 for an adult) and it is so worth it! Definitely a must-see attraction!

La Grange, Kentucky
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great ride over the dunes!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was worried about riding over the dunes but this is a safe and fun ride. We really enjoyed it and enjoyed our driver Weasy! You learn some of the history of the area and get to see some beautiful views

3 attraction reviews
“For serious dune lovers!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My great-grandfather was a Mac Woods driver. My family has been taking this ride for five generations. If you love the dunes and beautiful views, this ride is for you.
My favorite part is the nostalgia that goes with this ride. Be sure to visit the small museum exhibiting the old dune scooters.

Mascoutah, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Worth the money!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The dune ride was fun, our trip guide, "Deb" did a fantastic job! We enjoyed the experience, it provided a better perspective of what the dunes are and how they were formed. Plus, it was just fun riding the dunes! Finally, the cost was reasonable. I would recommend this for everyone visiting the area.