“Great Fun. Professional and Courteous Staff”

Silver Lake Buggy Rentals
Charlotte, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Fun. Professional and Courteous Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My first time driving a dune buggy. It was a lot more fun than I even anticipated. Will definitely do again some day. Rented the two seater. Yes, got stuck in the sand twice, but the staff arrived to tow me out within minutes.

Staff at Silver Lake Buggy Rentals are very professional. They thoroughly answered all my questions and provided information about the dunes and surrounding area.

When back in Mears, I will rent from them again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JAY E

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Picked the right buggy rental”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Took our 23 and 21 year old Sons to Silver Lake. Rented them each a dune buggy at Silver Lake Buggy rentals, 2.0 hours each.
Very friendly staff....which is important to us....made it fun...did not try and scare us about a big damage fee if there was a mishap. Yet showed a safety video and told the boys to have a good time. And they did. Our boys were surprised at the size of the dunes..and how much freedom they had driving about. My husband and I could walk up to the dunes and hop on a ride for part of the time. It was just a great experience. You are going to pay some $$ to rent the buggies, but it is worth it...and a great memory....family vacation. Boys had an awesome time. Quite a splurge, and quite a highlight...but something everyone should experience....put it on your bucket list. Silver Lake Buggy Rentals is a good choice. Everyone from the desk, to the trailer driver and to their the guide and her dog, (out on the dunes), were friendly and made it a fun experience for our kids.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Linda B
Manhattan, Kansas
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“bucket list, drive a dune buggy, check”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were staying in the Ludington area for a 3 generation big old family vacation and decided we would check out the sand dunes in the Silver Lake area. Driving a dune buggy had always been on my bucket list, so we checked out area places for rental and Silver Lake Buggy Rentals had the best reviews. The staff was great, we were able to rent a four seater for an hour, and 2 middle aged adults and 3 young adults were able to drive it, while another adult and 2 year old got to ride. I love their web site with questions and answers to things like "will I get sand on me?" (yes) and "will I get wet?" (yes if you drive in the water). It is kind of pricey, but I understand the liability of the thing. Take sunglasses or eye protection and your driver's license if you want to drive. Plan on extra time for the mandatory safety class (about 30 minutes) and the ride on the shuttle to the dunes and the beach. Those of us who weren't driving enjoyed making a sand lion on the beach. The water was kind of green and vegetatious, but the sun was warm and we had a great time. Now, as far as driving the dune buggy goes, it is kind of like being in a roller coaster that is going out of control. A little too thrilling for this old lady, but the younger family members, especially our 20 year old son, loved it.

South Lyon, Michigan
“The Best Choice for Dune Buggy Rentals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Before planning my vacation I visited TripAdvisor and it seemed there were two main places to rent from -- Parrot's Landing and Rajor J's (it wasn't until after I returned home that Silver Lake Buggy Rentals was listed). I ended up making a reservation with Rajor J's, since the Polaris Razors looked like more fun than standard Jeeps. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was that the whole thing was a tour and that we couldn't rip around the dunes on our own. There was also some concern on whether or not they could accommodate our large group of 12. Luckily for me, I met someone local to the area who told me about Sliver Lake BR and convinced me to cancel my reservation and make the switch. I'm really glad I did! The first 20 minutes of the 2-hour rental was a (fun) tour with a VERY helpful guide. After that time the drivers of our group felt comfortable knowing where and where not to go, what to do if you get stuck, etc. The rest of the time was a total blast just ripping around the dunes in what seemed like brand new Kawasaki Teryx 4-seaters. I was told they would do 50 mph and I don't doubt it -- they were plenty fast! I won't hesitate to rent from this place again if/when we return to Silver Lake.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Certainly a must-do at Silver Lake Sand Dunes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We first did the mac woods tour of the dunes and quickly realized that we needed to get a buggy before we left this place. Definitely recommend the 4 seater unless you want to get out and push when you get stuck. All 4 seaters can go into reverse but not the 2 seaters. Top speed is 45mph but it feels a lot faster. Had a blast, my two kids in back seat had a blast, my wife admitted later she had a blast even tho she was concerned about my dune buggy driving skills;-)

1 Thank Boytribe