2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$175
View deal
Priceline$175
Agoda.com$175
Tripadvisor$175
FindHotel
Etrip
All reviews pool and hot tub fire pit kids suite silver lake sand dunes great place to stay clean rooms visiting the area plenty of parking picnic area great weekend sean fun playground attractions queen
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

First off, let me start by saying that the positives for this lodge are the location! It is perfectly located! As for the negatives- outdated furniture & decor, questionable cleanliness, & a strong mildew/musty odor in the room, not to mention, the hot water was out. I usually don’t leave reviews, but I always read them when booking my family vacations! With that being said, I read the reviews for this place & while many people were saying it was a bit outdated, I was ok with that because we were only staying for 1 night. So no big deal. However, my family & I were very disappointed. The first thing that we noticed upon entering the room was the smell. It stunk like mildew or mold. It’s hard to describe, but definitely unforgettable! While the room appeared clean, it was just hard to believe that it actually was due to the smell! As for the furniture, yes it was outdated & left us wondering “How in the world people rated this hotel/lodge anything higher than a 3 on Trip Advisor?” To be honest, I am ok with outdated furniture & decor, I am not ok however with questIonable cleanliness! But again, we were only staying for 1 night, so we just decided to stay out of the room most of the day until late into the night. As for breakfast, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, coffee & water, but no juice. I can assure you that this place is a 3 rating hotel at best! While the owner was friendly & courteous, we definitely will not be staying at this lodge in the future! This type of hotel/lodge is just not for our family. As for Trip Advisor, the rating for this place is very deceptive! I urge all of you to read the reviews carefully!

P.S. (FYI- There is no maid service & no elevator to the second floor, only stairs.)

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank SavySam07
SierraSands, Owner at Sierra Sands Family Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

First, I would like to apologize for not meeting Your expectations we do strive to provide a clean inviting place for families to stay. Second, I would like to say thank you for pointing out some of the issues that you had with your stay. We are continually investing in the property to keep it up to date and relevant and sorry we missed the mark for your family. We did unfortunately have a blower go out on one of my hot water heaters last week and it was replaced the following day. As for housekeeping, service is provided daily but with a one night stay you would not have received it, but would have been more than welcome to stop at the front desk for new linen or room supplies. Again I am sorry we didn’t provide you the accommodations you expected but appreciate the feedback so we can continue to improve.

Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

Everything is clean and the staff treat you like family! Our kids loved the large outdoor pool and hot tub before and after a day at the dunes. We needed to do an unexpected load of laundry and they even had detergent and fabric softener available at the front desk. Sean and Pam are awesome! We will definitely be back again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed August 2, 2019

This is a great place to stay. The employees are very friendly. The place is very clean. It is located close to town but is still quiet and peaceful. I would stay here again, without a doubt. I highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you!!! Can’t wait to see you again!

Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights here and had a wonderful experience!! Everything from rooms to pool to grounds was well maintained and clean! It was easily accessible from the Dunes and downtown area!! The staff were all so kind and helpful! I was even able to do a load of laundry here! We would stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
SierraSands, Owner at Sierra Sands Family Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2019

Thank you for making us part of your trip to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

We had a great stay! Shawn and Pam were great help and made us feel right at home. The hotel is nothing fancy, but the charm is in the great staff and fun atmosphere. The pool is really nice, the coffee is always hot, a fire pit with chairs to enjoy at night, and you have a great location just down the street from silver lake and the Dunes. This was our first trip to silver lake, we choose to take pontoon boats out and let the kids sand board down the dunes, what a great time. There’s put-put golf, and go carts right down the road that was fun, wonderful restaurants, beautiful sites, was really a great trip!

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank nickinew1607
SierraSands, Owner at Sierra Sands Family Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2019

Thank you for the great review and we hope that Sierra Sands becomes an annual destination!