“Food was ok”

Cuisines: American
Description: Located close to Silver Lake Dunes
Description: Located close to Silver Lake Dunes
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Limited choices in town and a recommendation tooki us to the Sands. The food was ok, but not worth the wait or the money.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had many different meals here and everyone liked theirs. No complaints here, which is amazing. It wasn't outstanding but I would eat here again. They are very busy and the staff does an amazing job!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food is home cooked food and our children loved it; however, we don't always like to sit in the diner. We did carry out one evening and it was twice as much for the same thing we ate earlier that day. The restaurant was clean and the staff were courteous.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had breakfast here on a Thursday, and it wasn't very good. My son ordered a waffle, and it was so hard he took one bite, and couldn't even chew it. I ordered an omelette, and it was greasy and small. It didn't come with anything but toast, so I had ordered hashbrowns. The side portion was very small, and greasy. Our waitress was friendly, but inattentive. We would have sent the waffle back, but she never checked on us. I sat there for most of my meal with nothing to drink because she never stopped by to refill my coffee. She zoomed by as we were getting ready to leave and dropped our bill on the table, but didn't offer to take my son's inedible waffle off of our bill. We ended up asking the cashier to take that amount off the bill, and she left us standing there while she went to find the manager. After a long wait, she returned, and our bill was adjusted, but it was annoying that our waitress had not even offered to do this in the first place.

I do not recommend The Sands. There aren't many options in town, so a lot of people go here, but I won't be back. Drive to another town, eat at your hotel, bring your own food…do anything you can to avoid this place.

1  Thank Skye9988
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Food was very good - has a wide variety of choices for families of all ages. Parking could be an issue on busy dates.

1  Thank Jodi S