“Nicest Surprise of the trip”

Parrot's Landing Jeep Rentals and Tours
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Mears
More attraction details
Owner description: The excitement of Silver Lake starts at Parrot's Landing, with recreational rentals for great family fun on the sand and water. Take on the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in a rugged Jeep, quad, or dune buggy. If you enjoy the water, ski or tube across the many nearby lakes while being towed by one of our ski boats. For even more action, launch a powerful Jet Ski Wave Runner into the waves of Lake Michigan.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have been to Silver Lake previously and had seen the Jeeps lined up. Didn't think it would be that great. Was I ever wrong. I and my grandsons were on this trip. We decided to go on the tour. There were six jeeps and the tour guide. He made the trip absolutely great. We climbed every dune and saw more of the dunes than I had expected. The hour turned into a hour & half. My oldest grandson and I both drove. He got to drive to the top of "test hill", and back down. The Jeeps are in excellent condition. Next time, this will be the first place we hit.

3  Thank BeasonKid

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Worth every penny - The entire family had a blast.
Ask for Dutch - And "Drive it like you stole it!"

3  Thank Troy M
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Promised my teenage son he could drive a jeep on the dunes for his birthday - what a ride! There were 2 other jeeps plus the tour guide on our trip. Guide was great, made sure everyone knew what to do and also was quite adventurous and humorous. This is no ride for the simple sightseer, It was fast, up very steep hills and down backwards, through quick turns and over many bumpy sand dunes! It lasted about an hour from when you left the parking lot to your return. This is the best way to venture to the ORV side of the dunes if you do not know what you are doing or have the proper vehicle. It is really like you are in the desert surrounded by sand once you get out there. Only thing we really did not like was the tour guide asking for a tip at the end of the ride, considering it cost $100 to begin with but I guess everyone is out for a little extra, He was very funny but I thought that was what we were paying for as part of the whole experience. Take note, sitting in the back seat is very very bumpy!!

3  Thank 1NatNat8
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Visited Silver Lake Sand Dunes for the first time for a 4 day weekend for the first time. Booked the sunset tour through Parrots Landing after taking the Mac Woods tour. Mac Woods tour was a nice enjoyable family tour....for 1st timers. However....booked the sunset tour at Parrot Landing our second night and WOW! My children 18, 11 & 11 along with my husband and I had the time of our life! I highly recommend the sunset tour. It is just beautiful along with riding the dunes in a jeep (fits a family of 5) it was the highlight of our weekend. Loved it so much we booked it again for the next night. Highly recommend Dutch...he was our tour guide and was just fantastic! For all first timers out on the dunes I recommend doing a tour first. It really helps you understand the way of the Dunes. Will cherish the fun and laughter for years to come!

3  Thank vacationfrenzie
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went on the Sunset Cruise, didn't see the sunset and didn't care! It was awesome! The Cruise consisted of about 9 jeeps that toured through the Silver Lake Sand Dunes after a brief introductory laying of the ground rules. Our group was lead by The Flying Dutchman, a character with enthusiasm for this job to spare! We didn't know what to expect and we started off in the Dunes with plenty of adventure, driving the jeeps up some massive hills! Recommended for anyone who can handle a little adventure!

2  Thank Dan H