“Curfew? for adults? Seriously?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mears
Yogi Bear Jellystone Park - Silver Lake
Detroit, Michigan
“Curfew? for adults? Seriously?”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Me, my wife and 2 small kids stayed here for 5 days last week and had a mostly great time. Kids got to see Yogi, Cindy, BooBoo and do all kinds of activities which was great. Everything was pretty much perfect... until the last night. I am a night owl and as a grown adult, I feel it is my right to go to bed at the time I choose to, as long as I'm not bothering anyone in the process. I'm not sure what time I went to bed the other nights but the last night, I AM sure. Because at 1:10am, as my family slept, and as I'm very quietly enjoying my alone time at my campfire, Yogi's night patrol showed up, shined a flash light in my eyes, and stated very authoritatively that it was after 1am and it was time to turn in! Of course I complied, without argument, as I've read past reviews that if you don't, they will call the cops and have you thrown out. I am always very respectful of others and I certainly cooperate with "quiet time" at whatever time a campground may choose. But for someone to tell me, someone who's almost old enough to sign up for AARP, that it's time for bed, is outrageous! This made me quite irate. And for this reason, I will NOT be staying at this campground ever again! Perhaps I may stay away from Jellystone Campgrounds all together! I am NOT a happy camper!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank RussellJL

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Kids... everywhere! The campground is very strict on their curfew of quiet time at 11:00 & literally being inside at 1:00am. They were actually rude about it. The fire pit on the site was the smallest one I've ever seen. If we left anything plugged in outside the employees unplugged it. They also cleaned out the fire pits each morning, taking wood out of it that we could have used again. It's a very kid oriented campground. The showers have no place to set soap, shampoo, etc. you have to use the bench that's next to the shower. We won't come back unless we have kids.

Stayed July 2014
Spring Lake, Michigan
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Every Memorial Day weekend we stay at this place. Our kids love it, and we make many memories on this trip. They love the fishing, planned activities, the stores, and close proximity to the sand dunes.

We have used a tent, camper, and their cabin's on site. Our favorite is the use of the cabin, because of its proximity to the pond, and recreation center.

My only complaint this year, was that they took the laundry out of the common area, and removed the grill and refrigerator from the cabin. Although we adjusted, it would have been nice to get a heads up.

Stayed May 2014
New Albany, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Our girls had lots if fun here. The daily activities were perfect for kids 4-10. The pool was clean & staff friendly. Just an FYI on Mears there aren't many great restaurants there. Jellystone is beside a lot if fun things for the family. We will go back for a visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is such a great location especially if your planing on going to the dunes. Has a heated pool. Dogs are welcome. And has tons of kid activity. Right next door to the shopping plaza and Craig's cruzers. The price is also great.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Heather M
Michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a family reunion. The staff was fairly helpful and pleasant to deal with.

The campground is a little on the dirty side and the weekend we stayed they were full. Unfortunately we felt like we were all packed into the park like sardines. The sites were decent however if you have a larger travel trailer or fifth-wheel, this may not be the place. The roads are a little small and some larger trees make it a little challenging on some sites to back in to. A positive to the amount of trees is the shade they provide where as a couple of other campgrounds nearby are open and offer no relief from the hot / muggy summer Michigan days. The campfire vessels provided at each site are very small, in fact, the smallest we have found at any other campgrounds.

I have to agree with another reviewer that the restrooms were kept very clean for one, how dirty the campground is in general, and two, the amount of sand dune visitors there are in the park.

The campground is very close to local attractions which are in walking and / or biking distance.

Overall, there was no real draw to come back to this Jellystone and if we are to return to this area, we would stay at a local resort or chose to try another campground nearby.

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade to a full hook-up, I would suggest it. During peak "dumping"...