Tripadvisor
McMillan
Nature's Kennel Sled Dog Racing and Adventures
Open today: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Overnight sled trip with my 10yr old granddaughter.

We had a wonderful time! It’s not as easy at it looks but our guide gave us novices good... read more

Reviewed yesterday
51madelynf
via mobile
Amazing Winter Adventure!

My mother-in-law planned this trip as part of our Family Christmas get-together, and I am SO glad... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
kristinmcgrifka
Oakland, Michigan

All reviews snow pants learning how highly recommend this adventure overnight trip amazing experience first class operation half day trip an adventure love dogs wonderful care harness puppies pups guide ride mile canine
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020

We were a group of three adults and three children ages 2, 5, and 6. One of the adults was from Sao Paulo, Brazil and had never seen snow before. We took the half day trip on January 1, 2020 which was a spectacularly beautiful day with crystal a crystal blue sky and 6 or 7 inches of new snow blanketing the trees. When we got there Tasha gave the kids French toast she was making, the adults were also offered French toast. Then her guides provied us with boots designed to keep your feet warm in sub zero weather. We were able to participate in the dogs being attached to the sled, then we're off. Two of the adults drove sleds and two guides drove sleds, one with our 5 and 6 year old kids accompanied by the Fern, the owners daughter as passengers and one with an adult and the 2 year old. The ride was spectacular, everyone had an excellent time. When we got back Tasha has hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies ready for us.

Date of experience: January 2020
TashaS708, Owner at Nature's Kennel Sled Dog Racing and Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Thanks for the review, we are glad you loved the trip! Fern loved helping out that day and riding with the kids. When I picked up my kids from Sarah Johnson's house, she said to say hi! I had no idea how many people you knew around town :)

Reviewed December 28, 2019

If you're up for an adventure, then look no further. I never thought of dog sledding, but I am so glad we came across this place! We had fantastic guides- Anna, Hannah, and Nick. They are young adults who are adventures and naturalists. They are such knowledgeable young guides, and they took us on a ride of a lifetime. They taught us how to hook the dogs up to the sleds, gave us some basic commands to learn, and then off we went on an amazing 20 mile journey. The guides were so personable, and taught us all about the land, their job, and the UP itself. This place really loves their dogs! They are so well taken care of, such love is shown.
Another highlight was the amazing homemade cooked meal that was waiting for us after our trip. A UP favorite-Pasties!!!
I hope you go here for your next UP adventure, and make sure to request either Hannah, Anna, or Nick-and tip them well, they are worth it!

Date of experience: December 2019
TashaS708, Owner at Nature's Kennel Sled Dog Racing and Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

Thanks Sarah for the great review! It was great to meet your family! Tasha

Reviewed November 25, 2019

A friend told me she wanted to take me dog sledding when I came to visit for Thanksgiving. She told me it was a wonderful, magical experience. I did a google search and found a few companies in the area. I was immediately drawn to Nature's Kennel. They had the most options and looked the most professional. Turns out Nature's Kennel is who my friend had visited in the past.

I wasn't disappointed. Tasha and her husband run a very professional operation. They have so many dogs! they have handlers assigned to specific teams and the bond between dog and handler is so clear.

Nick was my guide. He briefed me on handling the sled, harnessing the dog. I got to harness my team and with that, away we went, The trails were beautiful and it's so peaceful.

When we returned, I unhooked my team, bid Nick and the digs farewell and made a pass by the younger dogs and pups before heading out.

Thank you Tasha. You run a first class operation.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 9, 2019

We visited with our school and I must say that everyone was friendly with our students all the while ensuring safety and obedience by our kids. We all had a fantastic time with fast rides! The kids can't wait to go again and neither can the adults!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed June 12, 2019

A wonderful place to learn about Sled Dogs! From beginner to advanced expirence, this Kennel offers something for everyone!

Date of experience: February 2019