“Amazing experience..”

Nature's Kennel Sled Dog Racing and Adventures
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in McMillan
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature's Kennel Iditarod Sled Dog Racing and Adventures offers guests the opportunity to learn to drive their own sled dog team. In the winter, we offer half-day, full-day and overnight beginner adventures. We also offer dog sled rides both at our kennel location in McMillan, MI (the Eastern Upper Peninsula) and at Boyne Highlands Resort in Harbor Springs, MI. In the fall, we offer fall color tours by dog team on our four-passenger side by side. In the summer, we have walk-through guided kennel tours.
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

If you love dogs and want to see what sled dog racing is and have an experience, this is the place to be. The dogs are well behaved and wanting attention from minute one. The puppy pins are fun. Staff and owners are great. Treat you like family and run the kennel very professionaly. Will be back to get pulled by some dogs. Amazing kennel and people.

2  Thank smicer1
There are newer reviews for Nature's Kennel Sled Dog Racing and Adventures

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Natures Kennel is a wonderful place to experience dog sledding and have an overall wonderful day! The staff is incredibly friendly and informative and truly made our family adventure one of the best ever. Every dog in the kennel is playful and adorable making it hard to tear yourself away from them at the end of the day. We were concerned the 30 mile trip might be too long but when it was done we all agreed we could have 60 miles easily. This is adventure is a must for anyone visiting the UP...THANK YOU!

2  Thank Sammadd
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I participated in the Taquamenon Sled Dog Race in early January 2012 and it was a fantastic experience. Tasha and Ed and their entire staff made it possible for a complete novice to experience a real sled dog race. Even though I am an older person with no sled dog mushing experience they helped me learn enough to do the race and have a great time.

All of the guides were very professional and experienced and Tasha and Ed were welcoming and very supportive. They made this a lot of fun. I would wholeheartedly recommend visiting their kennel and going for a ride that suits your interests. The 100+ dogs are VERY well taken care of and seeing them in action is inspiring.

4  Thank pat b
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Everyone thought I was INSANE !!!! 50 plus year old lady, traveling solo from Sunny Florida to the Upper Peninsula of MI in JANUARY praying for a ton of snow !!! I was so excited to go. Had planned this adventure for almost a year. Nature's Kennel exceeded my expectations. The dogs were so well cared for and above that well loved. The atmosphere was always warm and homey and the Guides treated me like Queen !!! I was lucky enough to be the only adventurer on that overnight trip and my Guide on the trip, Jess geared the trip to my every wish. It was probably her slowest tour ever but I just wanted to be on that sled and enjoy the woods and the outdoors. I will never be a dog racer. We had "snowglobe" fluffy snow day one that was something out of a story book. The overnight camp out was GREAT !!!!! Nothing like howling huskies in the dead of night ! The Tiki Hut was also an experience I will always look back fondly on. Day two brought a sunny day and sparkling snow with long morning shadows. Jess also had a camera and she took pics of me on the sled on the trail (something you certainly cannot do yourself) and gave me a CD with all the pics at the end of the trip. I will cherish them forever. Don't tell the rest of my team, I did love them all, but Ugly was my favorite ! Give her a hug for me. For anyone reading this and thinking about going....STOP and make your reservation NOW !!! You will not regret it !!!!!!!!!!!!

5  Thank Toni P
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have always wanted to go dog sledding never did I think I would have an experience like this in my life. Nature's Kennel could not have been a better place to do it. The entire staff was wonderful and treated us just like family. I never thought that sled dogs would be so loving and wonderful but they were. It was hard out of 150 dogs to pick the one you loved the most. Every staff member treats them with kindness and respect and it is obvious why they do this type of work, it takes a special person to work in the cold and really love what they do. The sled ride was unlike anything I have ever done in my life. I could have gone all day and then some. The overnight sleeping in the tent was different. It was 11 below but I did not care it was unlike anything I have ever done before. The 2nd day of riding was cold but just great. My team of dogs were so wonderful and sweet they will always have a special spot in my heart. It just ended so quickly but I will remember it always. Thursday night after dinner one of the guides not on our ride joined us with his guitar because he knew my nephew played. We all sat around the fire in the snow and just listened to music. We could not have asked for a better evening.

3  Thank PENChicago_IL