“Great Food at Fair Prices”
Review of Chinn-Chinn

Chinn-Chinn
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Mattawan
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I started going to Chinn-Chinn with my husband less than a year ago. Since that time,i have ordered take-out from this small restaurant quite a few time in the last 6 months.
The food they offer as daily specials , are always worth considering because they utilize fresh vegetables and fruits in season.When you call for take out, you need to do this early in the day , prior to noon as they might not have availability for pick up for your prefered time.
They staff has your food ready within one minute of the time you asked for and they make sure you get what you asked for. In other words, their quality control is precise so you won't suffer disappointment when you arrive home with your food.
The food is always delicious, properly packaged, and with extra sauces, chopsticks etc.
It is one of our favorite restaurants for dine-in or take out.
The place is unassuming but you can't make reservations and if you arrive to dine-in at a certain time( unless its right at opening time) your wait might be an hour or more! It's that popular and that good!
That's why take-out makes sense, unless you have time on your hands or arrive at opening.

2  Thank kzoogirl

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Everyone said come here for great asian food--from curry, to pad thai, to fried rice, to all the many great entrees--this place does it all very amazingly! It doesn't matter where you live, if you want great food it's worth taking the ride to Mattawan exit off I-94, you won't be sorry!

1  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Though this place is a ways from us, our family visits often. If you like to have an excellent experience try this place. My personal favorite is Habachi Grill. The meat is marinated and is so tender. I have even just thought about ordering a double of this since the flavor is so good. The wontons are the best ever. The service is good!!!! There are many items to try. The different dip sauces are each in themselves an array of flavor that is sure to make your taste buds say, "WOW"

1  Thank scooby010
Reviewed May 14, 2014

First time I'd been there for lunch, although I've eaten dinner at Chinn Chinn several times. Although not an extensive lunch menu, it had plenty of variety and included Chinese, Japanese and even Korean influences.

Started with an appetizer, and tried the smoked bluefish wontons with artichoke kimchi (see what I mean about Korean influences?). I haven't seen ANYONE in the area offer bluefish on their menu, let alone smoked bluefish, and to do something as innovative as using them crab-rangoon style, well, BRAVO!! The taste was sublime, and there were 10 of them, more than enough for two to share. The artichoke kimchi was excellent - not spicy, and the flavors were perfect together.

For my main course, I had the coconut curry with smoked pork. The dish was loaded with pork, as well as several different fresh vegetables. As my side dishes, I had hot and sour soup (very, very good), and fried rice with vegetables. The curry was not spicy-hot, perfect for me as I'd requested it to be toned down since I can't handle a lot of spicy. The pork was lightly smoked, and was so tender that it melted in my mouth. The fried rice was wonderful - lightly seasoned, but not soaked in soy sauce as found in most Chinese restaurants. The veggies were tiny, almost unnoticeable, but you knew they were in there because you could taste them.

The portions were large. I ate the leftovers for lunch today, and there was ample food to satisfy.

Our waiter was great. He didn't hover, but seemed to magically appear at all the right moments for drink refills and checking to make sure all was good. He was right on top of everything, and brought us our check quickly when we asked, since were were on our lunch hour. My meal came to a grand total of less than $13 not including tip. It was money well spend, and a meal grandly enjoyed.

1  Thank loongirl
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We stopped with half hour to eat before a business appt. We told them we had limited time....our food was out impossibly fast and it was awesome. We enjoyed it thoroughly and you will too.