“Great staff”

Comfort Inn Marshall
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were attending a family event and had five rooms for three nights. The staff was very helpful got a roll away bed within an hour with no prior knowledge. Their recommendations about local restaurants, bars and pizza joints were spot on. The last night we were all going to go out for dinner but were just too tired, they hooked us up with a local pizza place then let us use the conference room so we could all be together and we had A BLAST. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was simple but good and they kept up with the demand. This will be my only hotel in Marshall!

Room Tip: Stay on the back side you will have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wheatjam
Jessica N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! My team will always do everything they can to make sure everyone has a great stay. It was wonderful to have your family, and so nice to see you in the morning before you checked out!

I will share your kind words with the team, its always good for them to see when they've done their part to make your stay a great one.

We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Marshall, Thanks again for staying with us!

Jessica Noneman

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Since Comfort Inn bought this property they have updated the rooms and improved the customer service. Clean rooms and fair rates. A nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I'm barely here an hour and I'm resenting the choice. While Michigan is now all non-smoking, I guess hotels clean the room and hope for the best. My first room obviously had been a smoking room in it's previous life and I asked for another room. I was upgraded to a jacquizzi room which is no big woop (same room but an extra space for tub). The rooms are dated, cheap and dark, and the windows don't block the sound well. A train went by a few minutes ago and I hope they don't run at night. Loud cars drive by every once in a while. All the hotels in this area are relatively expensive, and I don't know why. Maybe the local casino? I just came from a Townplace suites in Detroit where I paid the same price and while that hotel was MUCH better even though it was mildly dated. If you are in the area, find another hotel even if it costs more.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Check in was friendly. Room had the sink in the foyer of the room which was weird, being on carpet. The bathroom had a shower and toilet. There was wall paper in the shower area near the level of my head on up. This was kind of peeling in areas, and some discoloration.

All night long, I could hear conversations in the hallway, and the icemaker going off etc.

They charge $1.25 "safe rental fee" which is ridiculous but small enough that who is going to complain.

Breakfast offerred assorted pastries, breads, toast, cereal, OJ, milk, etc. There was a waffle iron, boiled eggs, teeny tiny diet yogurts, fruit cups, etc.

Internet worked in the room for free.

Overall, this is a pretty average place in my opinion, just ok in most areas.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I had a wonderful stay! Had checked prices around town, to find it was the most reasonable. I'll admit this concerned me a little bit, until I called and the front desk explained the "little things" they offer that just talk you into giving it a try!
The pool was really warm, and the Jacuzzi was wonderfully hot, a good way to relax away all your stress. Breakfast could have used a little more, maybe some hot items like eggs and bacon would be delicious.
The staff went above and beyond to make sure my stay was pleasant. Room was very clean, with standard decor, maybe could have used a better color scheme, but it wasn't gaudy.
Would definetely recommend to anyone! Friendly, courteous staff made me feel more at home, not just at another motel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Hubby and I wanted to stay in Battle Creek, but the reviews were so bad, we decided to drive farther and stay in Marshall.
The motel was fine, nothing special, just a place to spend the night that wasn't as expensive as others in the area. It was clean. We arrived late, so we didn't check out the pool. The continental breakfast was again...typical. Bagels, those little muffins that every motel everywhere seems to think its customers enjoy. I don't understand why they don't get products from the local bakeries...too much money?
Hubby didn't care for the pillows and said he would bring his own next time!
We would spend the night here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Hubby and I spent the night there (after dinner at Shuler's) recently. We had no problems whatsoever. We found it clean, comfortable. We heard some noise from the hallway but nothing that bothered us at all. Staff were all VERY friendly, helpful and professional. Compared to other nearby hotels we felt we got a great deal and would definitely go there next time we want a Shuler's fix.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshall
Hampton Inn Marshall
Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek Downtown
Holiday Inn Battle Creek
Holiday Inn Battle Creek
#5 of 19 in Battle Creek

Been to Comfort Inn Marshall? Share your experiences!