“Great History..Good food”

Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For over 100 years, Schuler's Restaurant & Pub has kept it in the family - and beaten the odds. How rare is this achievement? According to Family Business Review more than 30 percent of all family-owned businesses survive into the second generation. Twelve percent will still be viable into the third generation, with three percent of all family businesses operating at the fourth-generation level and beyond. Schuler's, a four-generation, family-owned restaurant in Marshall, Michigan is an institution. Schuler's attributes its longevity to the foresight of our founder and the succeeding family members who have used their entrepreneurial skills to build a 100-year tradition of hospitality and fine dining.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

You have to go to Schulers just to experience it. So much history. Food is always consistent...not extraordinary but a good dining experience. Try the cheese and the meatballs. Pub is a good place to stop for a quick bit.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The last time my wife and I ate here was 50 years ago! We enjoyed it then and we enjoyed it now. We thought it had some German dishes, but there were none on the menu. Our food was excellent and we plan to go back after another 50 years...

1  Thank ShowMeTwo
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Let me start by saying that our visit for a light lunch was terrific! But, am I crazy? Weren't there a few German dishes on the menu in the past? I swear I had either sauerbraten or weiner schnitzel there before! I haven't been there in over 10 years, so what can I say? Except . . . please put some German dishes back on the menu! There isn't a German restaurant ANYWHERE in this area. It could be good for biz.
But, the seafood chowder was excellent and I had a small plate of huge, succulent scallops and my friend had a shrimp small plate. Wonderful! Of course the bar cheese spread comes first.
Our waitress was very helpful, perfect timing. This is not a place for an inexpensive lunch, especially if you add wine, but the food is very good.
So, I hope to visit again with the hubby and have a big meal. With noodles?

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited after the Marshall historic home tour,so on a busy Saturday night.
Amber was our server, and suggested the schulers barbeque meatballs...Amazing!!! ($8.50) I split an order with my husband. Of course we had the cheese and crackers with our appetizer. Excellent !
Food here is made from scratch and they focus on fresh and local foods. Dinner was Maryland jumbo lump crab cakes ($14). We also split this "small plate" dinner entree.
Fresh and good. We did not have the signature prime rib as a small option was not available ( priced at $30 and $38). We wouldn't have been able to eat that much and were too far away from home to take the leftovers with us. Glad we went to this legendary restaurant, but don't feel a need to run back again right away.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

selected Schulers for our anniversary dinner. It's a third generation family run business. Our waitress, Dawn got it just right when it came to attentiveness; no hovering but no neglect. I had the pecan crusted chicken breast stuffed with Brie and spinach which was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. My husband had the pot roast which was super tender. They gave us a Baked Alaska dessert for free for the celebration. Would definitely go back again