“Always great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schuler's Restaurant & Pub

Schuler's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For over 100 years, Schuler's Restaurant & Pub has kept it in the family - and beaten the odds. How rare is this achievement? According to Family Business Review more than 30 percent of all family-owned businesses survive into the second generation. Twelve percent will still be viable into the third generation, with three percent of all family businesses operating at the fourth-generation level and beyond. Schuler's, a four-generation, family-owned restaurant in Marshall, Michigan is an institution. Schuler's attributes its longevity to the foresight of our founder and the succeeding family members who have used their entrepreneurial skills to build a 100-year tradition of hospitality and fine dining.
Columbus, Ohio
“Always great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This time we had lunch turkey burger and fries and double napkin brisket panni sandwich with fries
So good couldn't eat all so taking home rest.
This is our special stop reminds us of Somewhere in time.
All the food is great!
Take home the pecan rolls and bread

• Visited April 2013

Detroit, MI
“Very Dissappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were very dissapointed in our dinner at Schulers. The Manager did try and make it right - but what a let down. We had heard so much about how great the place was, maybe it was an off night. I ask for a salad without Blue Cheese -it came with Blue Cheese. There was Cold Slaw on my turkey burger (??) not on the menu - waiter told me Donna said it was there - who is Donna - checked the menu - no cold slaw, guess it is going to be on the new menu - why put cold slaw on a Turkey Burger??? Found out the waiter was new - should probably take the menu home and learn it for himself (cold slaw is not listed as on the burger) nor could he answer questions about the menu. The Turkey had a citrus like flavor to it??? The desert was a snow ball with hot fudge - we didnt find coconut on the the out side of the ice cream - it was on top of gloppy fudge (too much, yes too much chocolate). The Manager told us the coconut was inside th ice cream - we didnt find any - and that isnt like any other snow ball we have had. Again he did remove the wrong items from the bill (and thanked us b/c he went to the bank to learn how they make the snowball) But overall the vist was very dissapointing. We would probably not return.

Visited April 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Didn't Dine in the Restaurant; Ate in the Pub Instead...And So Glad We Did!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband's grandmother is from Marshall, MI so we decided to grab a bite to eat at Schuler's before we "toured" the town. We decided to eat in the Pub-side which is a bit more casual than the restaurant -side and, from what I gathered, not as pricey.

I've got to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience. With it's typical Pub-feel, the service was fast and very friendly. My husband and his grandfather opted for burgers (which they both thought were really good) while my husband's grandmother and I each chose the fish and chips....which we both also enjoyed! The portions were great and the food was really good. I'm not much of a tarter sauce fan, but their house-made tarter sauce was really good.

While I wouldn't suggest making the trek to Marshall, MI just to eat at Schuler's (because there's not much else to do in town!) I would recommend eating there if you happen to be in the area!

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I spent a weekend in Marshall with my husband. It was nice that we could go to such a great restaurant. I love it! the food is great and the staff is friendly, I will definitively come back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Old style service, modern style food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place has been here for a long time. It is obvious they try and keep it old style. The food is great. The waitresses wear uniforms and have been trained in a style that is hard to find. The food does not arrive quickly. They give you time to enjoy drinks, appetizers and then the main course. Of course their pricing will reflex this type of service. They are a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it. The soup and salad is extra. Great place over all. Next time we are in the area we will go again. This is a place you should try.

Visited April 2013